Friday, October 03, 2008

The worst Friday ever!

That is how I feel today!

Friday is usually a great day...usually. It's the start of the weekend, everyone's feeling energized...no work for the next two days...basically just chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool and such. Today is not one of those days....for me. It does however appear to be an awesome Friday for everyone else around me.

I was supposed to go to Alabama with a bunch of college friends to hang out at Will's this weekend. Well, I have to work...I may have been able to get out of it, but it's my first week at the bar and I didn't want to ask off already. It sucks because this is not a decision that I would have ever made up until this exact point in my life. Because, it's a grown up responsible, decision. For the first 22 and 1/2 years of my life...If you offered me a chance to hang out with my friends...or work towards a career...guess which one I would have picked? So that sucks...I miss out on a great time AND I have to work 12 hours today.

To make things worse...the city where I reside is buzzing right now! The St. James Art Fair is this weekend...which might be the coolest thing that happens in Louisville not involving the Derby. Also, tonight is the St.X vs. Trinity football game. Not only did I go to St. X...but this happens to be the biggest high school football game in the nation. I don't get too wrapped up in the rivalry...but it is fun to go to the game.

On top of that, the weather is glorious right now...and most schools are on Fall break. Basically, no one is working today...they're drinking and having fun with their loved ones!

I usually have trouble focusing from about 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. on Fridays because I'm so giddy to get out and enjoy my weekend...this Friday I'm giddier than ever...but it's all for nothing.

This may in fact be the saddest day of my life...I never miss out on exciting and fun opportunities...but today I'm missing out on like 8 of them...and it SUCKS!!!

Luckily, Taylor has a ridiculous paper to do this weekend so she's not having any fun either...so I can call her and talk to her about how much our lives are insanely lamer than those around us....and hopefully we will be able to make each other feel a little better.

Sigh, it could be much much worse. I could have to work Friday and Saturday, I could have to work past 10 or 11 tonight, I could not have a nice mixed 6 pack of assorted Pumpkin/Harvest beers waiting for me at my apartment....I could also be a Cubs fan! (Sorry Lautaro) Yup, all of those things would make my day worse.

Oh well, enjoy your awesome Fridays everyone! I'll just sit here and take comfort in the fact that it could be worse.

Song of the Weekend: Josh Ritter - To The Dogs or Whoever
Beer of the Weekend: Magic Hat - Jinx

1 comment:

StickerMania6513 said...

I am sorry to hear that you had such a bad Friday, I hope things got better for you. My Avett Bros. CD is supposed to come today!