Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Tuesday Tidbits

Hit 'em with the Tidbits....BOOMSHAKALAKA!

* The CrapBags lost again this week...I don't know what is wrong, but we won't stand for this. In hopes of inspiring the rest of the bags, I claimed Tom Brady on injured reserve so he could now be part of the Bags. He is the face of this franchise and hopefully he's got enough Gusto on one leg to lend some to the rest of the Bags. In Tom the Bags trust!

* Big news out of Charleston...Taylor will be serving as a T.A. for a class next semester...a class all about Harry Potter. I can't say I've ever read one of the books or seen any of the movies, apparently I'm only one of the 8 or 9 people on the planet who hasn't, but she's super stoked and as a result that makes me excited as well.

* So this past Sunday was spent cleaning my apartment...not just kinda cleaning it, REALLY cleaning it. Mom, Ben, Chris and I spent most of the day scrubbing, dusting, vacuuming and moving things. It kinda sucked...but the apartment in ol' Sherwood Forrest is looking as nice as it ever has. Lautaro moved some of his stuff in last night and I would say he'll be fully moved in by Friday! Once it's all up and running I'll post some pictures and then we'll throw a crazy-awesome party....and have to clean again.

* Everybody's hero and former Cardinal, David Padgett, made a helluva debut with the Miami Heat in the team's first preseason game. Big Dave scored 11 points on 4-5 shooting and grabbed 6 boards in just 17 mins of action...He does look good with some red on that jersey doesn't he?
There will still be a few more cuts before the opening of the NBA season, but I think you'll agree it's a difficult task to find anyone in the world more deserving of a spot in the NBA than Dave.

* It's down to 4 in the MLB playoffs and I'm gonna go ahead and give my full support to the Rays and Phillies. That would be a rather odd World Series...but I don't want the Red Sox to win it again, and as much as I love Manny...the Dodgers aren't really that sweet in my book. So Phils...Rays...let's go!

* I'll be at O'Shea's tonight from 6-10, starting my second week of bar life. The first week at Brendan's was pretty cool, I worked as a host...which kinda sucked, but the people watching was great.
Highlights included:
- A 15 minute makeout session between two of the ugliest 45 year olds in the world.
- Lady drinking entirely to much...dropping her phone and beefing it when trying to pick it up.
- Me realizing that most people don't understand sarcasm - A few times I tried to crack jokes with customers who looked like they would laugh, they didn't. One twentysomething couple came in and I asked if the guy needed a kid's menu? Blank stares from both of them. Then, an elderly couple came in...I asked if the old man (who was obviously still in good health) needed a high chair. His response, "No we'd like a booth, thank you very much!" Well excuuuuuuse me for trying to add a little humor to their day. (For the record, I think the old lady really wanted to laugh, but didn't in hopes of not hurting her husband's feelings)

* Alright, that's all today...but before I leave you I want to share this awesome YouTube video with you. It's of a streaker getting laid out by a football player. The camera work is terrible, but it's so funny to see the streaker's sad exit from the field after he has been totally defeated. Enjoy:

Yowza!

Have a great Tuesday kids!

Song of the Day: My Morning Jacket - It Beats 4 U
Beer of the Day: Buffalo Bill's - Pumpkin Ale

No comments: