Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tuesday Tidbits

You know the drill...let's get to 'em

* Despite this being one of the worst World Series ever (Really? A suspended game? I know it was raining hard...but it's just icing on the cake for me) some good can still come out of it. That's because today from 2 - 6 p.m. if you go to any Taco Bell...you'll receive a free crunchy Taco! Because Rays' shortstop Jason Bartlett stole a base in Game 1...all of America gets a free Taco. Way to go guy who no one knows, way to steal that base!

* Do you ever just go into what I like to call "spelling slumps?" Basically all of the sudden you just can't spell a certain word. Well today I have misspelled "want" about 5 times. I keep wanting to make it a contraction like this, "wan't." It's really messing with my mind. I have no idea how to fix it. Maybe Lautaro's prediction last Halloween that I would be illiterate in the future is beginning to come true. Yikes!

* How about getting into the Halloween spirit with a My Morning Jack-O-Lantern:
Pretty sweet carving job of Jim James there. One time my mom carved a pumpkin of my face...it was awesome. I'll see if I can find a picture.

* Speaking of Halloween...what are you guys dressing up as? I think I may give an award to the reader with the best costume...so feel free to send in your pictures or ideas. I'll show you a picture of my costume on Friday! Also, if you don't dress up you can't read the blog anymore...for real.

* The NBA starts tonight with a double-header on TNT. Cavs vs. Celtics at 7, Blazers vs. Lakers at 10ish. I'm not a huge fan of the NBA...but it is basketball and that's a step in the right direction.

* I bought the new guitar hero! I can't wait to get some free time and play it. It was a battle trying to find it...but I finally found one. I really don't understand the business strategy of coming out with an awesome item that everyone wants and then only making a few of them. I mean really...what's with that? Although, this guitar hero commercial might have caused a bit more buzz than normal.

Wow, I wonder how much money it costs to have A-Rod, Kobe, Tony Hawk and Michael Phelps all make asses of themselves in their undies? My guess is more money than you and I have combined.

* I will be so stoked a week and a day from now when the election is over.

* Finally, some very big news. The Life of Brian is closing in on it's 100th post! This is a special event that will not go unnoticed. I haven't decided how to appropriately celebrate...but as always: Beer - Yes, Pants - No...that you can be sure of.

Song of the Day: She and Him - I Thought I Saw Your Face Today
Beer of the Day: Dogfish Head - Punkin Ale

No comments: