Thursday, October 02, 2008

Let's bring it back....

Alright, I got nothing today. I mean absolutely nothing. Usually within 2 hours of waking up I know what I'm gonna talk about...but, not today. It's Thursday, so we could talk about how I have guitar lessons on Thursday, or how awesome the TV show "Friends" was/is and how it used to make my Thursdays. Or I could tell you a mildly funny, totally humiliating story of my past....but I'll save those.

What I want to do today is bring back some old catch phrases that I used back in the day. I've got two in mind. I attempted to bring these back over spring break last year...but it didn't really catch on. But now that there are over 50 people that read this blog...we might be able to give them new life.

Alright here we go:

1.) "Boom-shaka-laka!"

This saying originated with the Nintendo game NBA Jam! Basically it was a cartoonish basketball game and whenever someone threw down a big nasty dunk the announcers would yell, "BOOMSHAKALAKA!"
Soon, this was not just used in relation for basketball, but for things in everyday life.

Examples:
Your teacher hands you back a test and you got an A.....BOOMSHAKALAKA!

You successfully eat 5 chili dogs in one sitting....BOOMSHAKALAKA!

You make a bet with someone on the name of a song and then find proof that you are correct....BOOMSHAKALAKA!

You pull a quarter out from behind your little cousin's ear....BOOMSHAKALAKA!

Growing up I used this phrase at least once a day. However, as I've gotten older I find myself feeling less and less likely to drop a BOOMSHAKALAKA! on somebody. It seems as though "Boo-yah" has taken over a lot of Boomshakalaka's playing time So, I challenge you to use it at least once before the end of the day...trust me if you try you can use it on anything. Even checking out at the store: "Sir, that'll be $11.56"...."BOOMSHAKALAKA!" (as you hand over a twenty)

Alright, now on to the second phrase:

2.) "That was so funny I forgot to laugh!"

Everybody knows those people who just tell awful jokes and boring stories...it use to be that when this occurred you wouldn't just give them a charity laugh and roll your eyes....oh no, you hit them with the, "oh man, that was so funny I forgot to laugh!" Ouch, that's cold.

The funniest part about this one is that I was trying to think of an example and couldn't think of a good one...so I googled it and found a hilariously stupid example on urbandictionary.com:

Chad: "Okay, okay. A Care Bear and a ninja got in a fight. Who won?"

Me: "The ninja."

Chad: "No, the Care Bear. You see, it had just eaten an eighteen inch burrito and it farted. The stank smell killed the ninja! HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAA!!!" * more annoying laughter continues*

Me: "Wow Chad, that was so funny I forgot to laugh."


Seriously, I couldn't make this stuff up...I mean why is it an 18inch burrito?

Really, the more I think about it...that might be the best scenario for the, "so funny I forgot to laugh" joke ever.

So yeah, next time the annoying guy in your class or at work tells you a terribly awful joke...don't cut him any slack and give him a sympathy laugh....give him the ultimate burn by telling him his joke was in fact so funny...you forgot to laugh!!!

Ahhhhh
shit...then it's gonna be on!

Ok, so we are all familiar with both of these sayings, but we just never use them any more. However, if any of you use one of these in my presence in the near future...you'll receive one "Life of Brian" point...which is worth slightly more than a Schrute Buck, but far less than a Stanley nickel.

Help me bring 'em back people!

Song of the Day: Ben Folds - You Don't Know Me
Beer of the Day: New Holland - Ichabod Pumpkin Ale

3 comments:

willy wild said...

What? No titter? Maybe it never went out of style, but it deserves a mention.

wiggity willy wack fresh said...

Also, I don't know about this new Ben Folds album. It kinda sounds like titter music.

Brian said...

I don't understand what you are talking about. Take it easy, play it cool hot shot.