Monday, July 06, 2009

Holiday Weekend Recap

What's good party people?

Did you have a good holiday weekend? Well I bet it wasn't as awesome as mine. Check it.

Yup those are my sandy feet chillin' on Sullivan's Island just outside of Charleston.

I worked through lunch on Thursday and then picked up mom and we headed down to Charleston to see Taylor for the weekend. We got in just before midnight and got some rest because the next two days were full of Beach, shopping around, food, fireworks, moonpies and more! Here are some pictures from the trip.

Taylor and I acting as Ben and Jerry. I think I'm Ben and she's Jerry.

Celebrating the 4th with an ice cold PBR

This mustached man and his lady ran down the beach with an American flag. It was the most patriotic thing we saw all day...until a group of people dressed like George Washington, Abe Lincoln and Uncle Sam passed us on the way to a bar. The George Washington guy led the way and as they crossed the street he yelled, "Come on, We're Crossing the Delaware! Damn the British!" It was one of the funnier things I've seen in a while.

Mom, Taylor and Me eating at Fleet Landing, the coolest restaurant in Charleston.

Taylor...super pumped that I'm taking her picture.

Me and the lady...pictures at the beach work out best when you hide the chest hair.

Waiting at waterfront park for the 4th of July fireworks. Note: Once you've seen Thunder of Louisville, all other fireworks shows seem silly.

Like I said, I'll hopefully have more pictures this week.

Now, while this was an outstanding trip and I enjoyed every second of it...there was one downfall. And no it's not the terrible, horrible, stupid drivers from Ohio and Indiana that Mom and I about killed on the way home. It's the fact that saying bye to Taylor this time was even worse then when she left for Charleston last week. When she left last week I always had it in the back of my head that I would go and see her for the holiday weekend. Now...well now I probably won't get to see her for a couple of months. You know what's fun about not seeing your girlfriend for a few months? Nothing...it sucks.

Sigh, hopefully the two of us will be busy for the next couple months and the time will just fly by without it being too much of a bummer....but somehow I doubt it.

Mondays are the worst!

Song of the Day: Wilco - You and I
Beer of the Day: Palmetto Amber

No comments: