Friday, July 17, 2009

What The Hell Is Wrong With Me?

Alright...Something is wrong with me...that's all there is to it.

I'm not sad, I'm not angry, I'm not sick, I'm not stressed...but for the past like two weeks I have just been annoyed by almost everything that comes near me. I'm fully aware that I'm being absurd and I'm fully aware that the things that are annoying me are really not that bad...but I can't help it.

Here are three examples of the crazy things that have been annoying me:

1.) I got annoyed at the guy making my burrito today at Qdoba. He was nice and polite...but instead of just giving me like one regular sized scoop of rice, he just kept tossing little tiny bits of rice into the burrito. I mean it wasn't bad, the burrito was fine and it only took like 4 more seconds then it should have....but something about the way he was doing it just annoyed the crap out of me.

2.) I got annoyed by my i-Pod today. It's working fine, I have almost 7,000 songs on there...but when I was trying to find something to listen to today at work, nothing stuck out as a a good selection. So I did the mature thing and smacked the off button, groaned and then decided that I would listen to nothing for a while since my i-Pod couldn't please my musical needs.

3.) I actually wrote an entire blog post this week about how much it annoys me to dry off after getting out of the shower.

Guy making me a burrito, i-Pod and drying off...yeah those are the type of things that should piss people.

Seriously? What's my deal?


Like I sad, I'm not unhappy and I'm aware that most of the things pissing me off are no big deal (with the exception of the waitress last night at Bearno's and the other drivers on my morning commute today...those were and still are legit things that pissed me off), I just don't really know what to do. I mean I expect to have an enjoyable weekend, I'm looking forward to it...things just keep irritating me.

Really as I sit here typing...I think there is only one decent solution to all of this...

I need a drink....a big one...probably even more than one.

Man, I'm sorry I'm being such a negative Nancy...I promise I'll be better by Monday. Until then, don't talk to me unless you're going to bring me some bourbon. Just kidding...kinda.

Have a great weekend everyone! I'm hopeful I'll be able to calm myself soon.

Song of the Day: REM - Bad Day
Beer of the Day: Bourbon and Ginger Ale

No comments: