Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits...

Let's roll...

* Happy Harry Potter day everyone. Finally it's here, the day where no one can judge you for being a dork and dressing up like a wizard child while waiting in line at midnight to see a movie. For the record I have never read any Harry Potter book or seen any of the Harry Potter movie. Taylor loves them, most of my best friends love them...Daniel called and invited me to see it a little while ago....I've just never gotten into it. I don't think it's bad or silly, it's just not my thing. But to the other 98% of the population out there...have a blast! Also, spoiler alert...Harry kills Ron in a battle of lust over Hermione...now you can save your 8 bucks.

* Hey you want to know what's lame? College of Charleston's residence life retreat. Yeah, Taylor is away on this retreat thing and they don't get any cell phone service or Internet or anything. I'm sure it's nice for the RA staff to bond together...but leaving me for three days without any significant conversation with my lady...well that'll land you a seat in my rage cage! I've got my eye on you CofC res life staff...one more stunt like this and it is soooo on.

* So I'm a total badass at changing guitar strings now. After my lesson yesterday I went home and changed all 6 on my electric guitar. They looked great...then I went to tune it and two of them snapped.....DAH! You know what's even better? You can't buy just two guitar strings...nooo you have to buy a whole pack. It's almost as big a rip off as the whole 8 hot dogs and 6 hot dog bun thing.

* Speaking of Guitars...the new Guitar Hero is going to be awesome. Here are just a few songs to get excited about:

My Morning Jacket - One Big Holiday
Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing
Weezer - Why Bother?
Band of Horses - Cigarettes, Wedding Bands
Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak
Spacehog - In The Meantime
The Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil

It's going to be awesome. I'd by the game just to sing "In the Meantime" let alone play "One Big Holiday" It drops the first week of September.

* So the Home Run Derby was last night and it proved to me one thing...if they're not going to allow steroids...they need to do something to spice up this event. Prince Fielder was great so was the Cruz kid...but I want McGwire at Fenway type of Home Run Derby bombs!

Also, if anyone roots for the American League tonight...we're no longer friends. The DH is the most un-American thing of all time. AL pitchers are pansies. Also the NL has lost 11 straight, so it'd be nice if they got one.

* Finally, Gatorade has released limited edition Michael Jordan bottles to celebrate his getting into the hall of fame. Here's a picture:
Also here's the greatest commercial of all time:

Also, this is and always will be the most amazing athletic performance I have ever seen:

The "flu" game is the most inspiring sports performance ever. While watching that (over 12 years ago) I never doubted for a moment that the Bulls would win. MJ wanted it more and that is why Michael Jordan is the best ever. If you want to debate that I'll punch you in the face.

That's all for today buckaroos. I'll talk to you all tomorrow.

Song of the Day: Spacehog - In The Meantime
Beer of the Day: Miller High Life

1 comment:

Wilhelm von Rall said...

woooooooooWooooooooowoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo

ba ba-ah wow-ow wow wow woo.

I've been practicing.