Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits...

Two bits, four bits, six bits a dollar...all for the Tidbits...stand up and holler.

* So let's start off the day with this...


Yes Yim Yames' (Jim James) 6 song EP tribute to George Harrison is now available for pre-order and download. I bought it last night at midnight and I have listened to it about 10 times. I love it. It's so stripped down and raw. Spend the 6 bucks and enjoy Yim's voice and George's songwriting. Also, "Sir Frankie Crisp (Let it Roll)" is worth the entire 6 bucks...that song wails.

* In another bit of music news...The Avett Brothers have released an EP that contains 3 songs from their upcoming release.
The "I and Love and You - EP" contains the songs: "I and Love and You", "Kickdrum Heart" and "Laundry Room". My first impressions are...well I'm not sure. I like it a lot, but it doesn't have the classic "Avett" feel (I gotta have more Banjo). I'll reserve judgment until I listen a few more times. One thing is for sure...I love the Avett Brothers.

* Yesterday I set out to accomplish two tasks. The first was to change the strings on my acoustic guitar. So I went to Jimmy's (guitar shop) and had Mick show me how to change my strings. He did the first and last strings and I felt pretty confident leaving the store. When I got home I sat down to change the other four. After about 20 mins of frustration and struggle, I finally got the A string on. Then I went to change the B string and snapped the peg that holds the string in place. Crapola! So needless to say, I have a 5 string guitar right now.
My second task was to change out my keg. I love my kegerator, I really do...but that thing is a nightmare. I picked up a fresh keg of Altbier from BBC and headed home. I hooked the tap up, adjusted the CO2 and pulled on the tap....nothing. I soon realized I wasn't getting any CO2 pressure. I'm not sure what the problem is because I unhooked it all and the CO2 didn't appear to be empty. Sigh...it looks like I'll have to patiently wait for Dude to get back in town and then sweet talk him into fixing it for me because he's like the Michael Jordan of fixing kegerators. So yeah, it was a frustrating day.

* How do you like the new font on the "Life of Brian" title up there? I'm thinking about changing the layout of the blog...but I'm not sure. Thoughts?

* Hey Harry Potter fans, I read today that the guy who plays Ron in the movies has swine flu. You'd think Harry could use some spell to fix it...oh that's right...it turns out that Harry Potter sucks.

Just kidding...kinda.

* Check out our boy in his first NBA summer game.
He only had 2 points in his first pro effort, But he also had 9 boards, 3 blocks and a few no look assists. I miss him. (Notice the red shoes)

* So when I put up all of those pictures from Charleston yesterday...I forgot the best one. This was taken at the "Moon Pie General Store" or as I like to call it...heaven.
Ok, it may seem a tad cheesy. But, Taylor has a picture of her grandparents sitting on the exact same moon...so we had to do it. Plus, it totally looks like we're flying and we stopped to take a breather on the moon.

* There's a tragic article in today's courier journal which states that Knob Creek is...OUT OF BOURBON! Ahhh! Apparently since they age theirs for 9 years they have to just kind of guess what the demand is going to be and they guessed low. So now their stock shelves are empty and there won't be any more Knob Creek for a few months. It really is just terrible news.

* Finally, here's a really awesome video I found the other day. It's an a capella group containing only high school students. They do versions of several popular songs...including this badass version of My Morning Jacket's "Wordless Chorus"



That's all for today...I'm tidbitted out.

Song of the Day: Yim Yames - Sir Frankie Crisp (Let it Roll)
Beer of the Day: BBC - Altbier (I hear it's great on tap)

No comments: