Monday, July 13, 2009

Guest Blogger...

Hey gang, I had a pretty good weekend...but my Monday is slow. I'm tired and I'm not feeling all that great. So, I've decided to have a guest blogger. Well really he doesn't know that I'm doing this so it's probably not all that much of a "guest blogger"

Anyway, my brother Ben used to have an amazing blog. It only lasted about a year, but I loved to read it. I found some of the old posts the other day and I'd like to share one of them with you...because they're hilarious. Ben, if you don't want this up let me know and I'll take it down. But I really doubt you'll care.

from Ben's Blog:

February 8, 2006

Hey, I got a new razor! For most, this probably doesn't seem like big news. However, if your facial hair grows everytime you think hard like mine does...you know how big a day like today is. I tried the new Gilette Fusion...because I saw the commercial and it's really fancy looking (5 blades! Plus one on the other side in case you need just a little more!). I was impressed. My beard laughed at it a little less than the other razors I've used.

When I was in high school I had to shave every day. One day I forgot. Detention. That wasn't the bad part. If detention was the only punishment for not shaving, I'd have been in detention way more. No, at Saint X, if you didn't shave, you got to use their razor. The St. X razor was the little plastic one that you got in a value pack for 50 cents at Wal-Mart, and they didn't splurge for shaving cream. I thought it was a joke at first. I was like "my brother and I used one like this when we were five years-old pretending to shave." This dull razor wasn't a big deal to the kid with three out-of-control chin hairs, who forgot to hit that one, but for me, this was borderline abuse. People complained a lot less about wearing ties every day when they saw my face after using the dollar store blade. I felt sorry for whoever used the bathroom after I did because all the toilet paper was stuck to my face. I'll give them credit. They got the job done. I shaved every morning from that point on.

That first shave is a pretty significant event in a man's life. For most kids it's a pretty joyous occasion. Mine was okay, but some of the joy is replaced with awkwardness and uncertainty when you're not quite a seventh grader. I kept thinking, "Should I be doing this yet? What will happen if I do it too early? I've heard lifting weights at this age stunts your growth...God only knows what shaving does. Well I can't go back to school looking like Magnum PI." So I did it. Now I can grow a beard in approximately 2 hours and 34 minutes.


Oh man I miss that blog. Also he's not kidding about the shaving in 6th grade thing...the boy is one of the biggest and most impressive beardos of all time.

Alright gang, I'll be back with my stuff tomorrow. Thanks for filling in Ben!

Song of the Day: The Avett Brothers - I Would Be Sad
Beer of the Day: Keweenaw - Lift Bridge Brown

No comments: