Thursday, July 23, 2009

I need some sports

It's official, I'm through with Summer. You know why I'm through with summer? Because I'm tired of watching regular season baseball games. Growing up I loved baseball, it was my favorite sport...by far. I still like baseball a whole lot, but my need for sports is simply not satisfied by the crack of the bat anymore. I need some fast breaks, I need a block, I need a three pointer. Heck I'd even settle for a touch down, interception or sack right now....I just need some kind of emotion from sports...July baseball doesn't have that.

I was able to distract myself with the Derby, UofL's baseball team and the NBA draft for a while...but it's not gonna work anymore. I need it to be September, I need sports.

It's sad...Sports is my drug...and I need a fix.

Here are some pictures...to remind us of the better times.
Seriously...any one of those things would bring a little happiness into my life right now. Then I could sleep better at night...
Sigh...

No girlfriend present....no sports present...no joy in mudville present. I'm trying to be patient...but it's lame.

Song of the Day: The Toadies - Possum Kingdom
GRE Word: chicanery - trickery or subterfuge

2 comments:

Dude said...

Are you clairvoyant? How about Mark Buehrle today! The catch by Dewayne Wise (especially coming in cold) was one of the best catches I've ever seen.

Brian said...

Man that was awesome! Thanks for stepping up your game baseball!

I'd still rather see someone get..."JACKED UP"