Monday, December 07, 2009

What the What???

Remember when I said I loved my neighborhood? Well, the karma gods got me back for all that bragging because as I was parked in my little lovely neighborhood on Saturday night, someone stole the UofL wheel cover off of Francisco! Merry Christmas to you too....sons of bitches.

Anyway, the biggest problem is that the theft, combined with a terrible horrible no good awful UofL loss has pretty much all but killed my Christmas spirit.

Here's what it is...I'm putting too much emphasis on Christmas and not enough on UofL basketball. Because of this, I'm getting burnt out on Christmas and the Cards are playing like crap. I mean I didn't even watch the UofL game on Saturday. It was on, but I was too busy trying to be jolly at a bar. That's just not me. I'm not even going to mention the fact that I turned down a ticket to the game. WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?!?!?!?

So, from now on here's how we'll roll. We're going to take the Christmas cheer down a few notches and turn up the Cardinal cheers a few notches. Nothing drastic, I'm still going to love Christmas and have a Merry one...I just need to focus on my Cardinals right now. I need to get a clothing rotation down, I need to establish a game watching spot and by god...I need to get to Freedom Hall on Saturday and help my team!

I'm not really sure what the point of this whole post is...or how it has anything to do with my tire cover being stolen. I just know I'm in a funk right now and it has to do with the Cards losing, people stealing from me and my Christmas cheer being a tad overwhelming.

Nevertheless, we shall march on gang. GO CARDS! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Also, my tire cover has a slash at the bottom of the Cardinal's face (below his beak), My Mom stitched it back up, so it's not super noticeable. But, if anyone happens to see a car riding around with a Cardinal head wheel cover with a stitch across the bottom...knock the car off the road and grab the wheel cover off the back...or at least get the plate number and call me. Then, I'll give them the beating of a lifetime.

Have a great day.

Song of the Day: Elvis - Blue Christmas

No comments: