Friday, December 04, 2009

My Neigborhood...

To put it simply, I love my neighborhood. Being a twentysomething, I honestly don't think there is a better place to live. Sure, New York and Chicago might have more going on and LA and other beach towns have...well, the beach. But, my little highlands neighborhood offers me so much. This weekend is going to be a perfect example of this.

Tonight:

At 6, Dave Rawlings, Gillian Welch and members of Old Crowe Medicine show are playing a free concert. 200 yards from my house. Literally, I will walk to the end of my street and go inside a building and hear them play.

After that, I'll probably get some food...which is exciting because of all the many many options to choose from. I could get a Italian, Mexican, BBQ, Chinese, and more all within a block or 2 of my apartment.

Tomorrow:

Tomorrow just up the road there is a Beer Festival that will feature beer from over 50 breweries. I'll head up there with mi amigos and then I'll walk up and down Bardstown road...because tomorrow is Bardstown Road Aglow. Aglow is a festival that goes from dusk until about 10-11 and most of the hundreds of shops, pubs and restaurants on Bardstown road have sales, free food, live music, etc. in order to celebrate the holiday season. In addition, there will be trolleys riding up and down Bardstown road with elves and live music on them. The trolleys are free to ride!

I don't mean to brag about all of this, I'm just really excited because all of this stuff is in my neighborhood.

There are certainly drawbacks to living where I do (the houses are old...and in the winter...cold) and there aren't super fun things to do every single day. But, this weekend is proving to be a pretty good one in my neighborhood....and I'm pumped.

Have a great weekend everyone. If you see me out, say hello!

Song of the Day: Straight No Chaser - 12 Days of Christmas

No comments: