Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Christmas Update...

Last month I wrote a list of goals for this Christmas season. I've been keeping those goals in mind as I've been getting into the Christmas spirit and today I want to catch you all up on how it's going. So here we go.

Here's the list, I'll write a comment after each thing.

* Decorate my apartment indoors and outdoors: Finished, I posted pictures of the inside yesterday and you can come see the outside for yourselves. It's Merry!

* Watch the following Christmas movies: Elf, Christmas Vacation, Home Alone, Home Alone 2, Love Actually, White Christmas, It's A Wonderful Life, Charlie Brown Christmas, Christmas Story, Christmas Carol: I've watched Elf, Home Alone, Love Actually and The Santa Clause(which isn't on this list). I've still got some work to do on this one.

* Make a gingerbread house: Boom!
* Make Christmas cookies: Haven't done this, not sure what kind to make.

* Send out Christmas Cards: Bought some cards, need to send them. I'm only going to send a select few because it can get expensive. If you don't get one...I'm sorry, I still want to be your friend. If you do get one...feel Merry, but don't rub it in.

* Create a new holiday cocktail: This one is getting tricky, I think I may just try to find a cool Holiday cocktail recipe instead of making my own. I'll keep you updated.

* Ring the Salvation Army bell: Not Yet, not sure how to go about doing this.

* Participate in the Angel Tree: Taylor and I adopted a kid from the tree and we'll be buying stuff soon.

* Speak only with Buddy the Elf quotes: This place reminds me of Santa's workshop. Except it smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me.

* Make a new Christmix CD: It's about half done, but I'm getting Ray Charles' and Bob Dylan's Christmas Albums today and I need to pick a song from each to go on there.

* Go caroling: Started singing Christmas songs during the UofL game the other day, got about 10 people to join in. Also started singing them in line at Qdoba at 3a.m. Friday night. I think that counts.

* Go to Bardstown Road Aglow: Saturday!

* Learn to play at least 4 Christmas songs on the guitar: Silent Night and Rudolph are down...need two more.

* Eat a candy cane: Done.

* Send someone a fruit cake: I may not do this, fruit cakes are gross

* Make it snow: You're welcome Texas

* Drink Egg-nog: Yeah buddy!

* Write a letter to Santa: Coming soon to the blog.

* Decorate the blog: Easy to see

* Decorate my cubicle at work: Icicle lights are up and looking festive!

* Put a wreath on Francisco: I still need to get one

* Spread Christmas Cheer to everyone I encounter: I think I've done this so far


As you can see, I'm doing pretty well...especially since my goal was only 80% of the list. This weekend will be big because I don't have a lot to do, I'll knock out at least 4 more. Also, I made my Christmas powerpoint, which I like to call "Brian's Christmas Wishes" or "Brian's Christmas List" for you literal bunch. Nothing too fancy this year...clothes, ukulele, backpack, world peace, robot twin...same old drill.

Hope your enjoying the Holiday season as much as I am. If you're not and you need a boost in the right direction, feel free to call me...we'll talk.

Merry Christmas!

Song of the Day: Ron Sexsmith - Maybe This Christmas

1 comment:

Judy said...

am i too old to be in your movie.