Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits...

Oh yes we need a little tidbits, right this very minute...

* Playoffs? You want to talk about Playoffs? Playoffs, you kidding me? Yes, it's true...the CrapBags continued they're magical run by dashing past the Zuckercorns, grabbing the tie breaker over the Chain Gang and securing the fourth and final playoff spot. Ryan Grant and Andre Johnson got us off to a hot start and Frank Gore closed the deal. Also, I made the decision, which paid off, to sit Tom Brady. It needed to be done. He'll be back in the starting spot for the playoffs though. Go Bags!

* The Juwanna Men took 3 out of 3 from the second place Monstars in the fantasy basketball league. It's early in the season, but we already have a 6 point lead and Lebron, Nash, T-Will and company don't appear to be letting up anytime soon. I smell dynasty.

* I got Chinese food from the egg roll machine last night for dinner and it was the best Chinese food I've ever had. I don't know why it tasted so good, but it was unbelievable. Just thought I'd share.

* So I watched part of this "Sing Off" show last night and it was awful. It's like an American Idol show, but the contestants are all A Capella groups. The reason I watched was because Ben Folds is a judge along with the Pussy Cat Dolls girl and the skinny dude from Boyz II Men. For the record, Ben Folds is the best judge I've ever seen on a show like this, he uses real musical terms to analyze the performances and gives honest and useful feedback. The same can't be said for the Pussy Cat Doll who often referred to the songs as "dope" and kept stating her amazement that there were no instruments....in an A Capella competition. Good to know she's a more famous "musician" then Ben Folds. Sometimes I hate America.

* 23 days and it's back to school for me...crazy.

* Can we all agree that this commercial is hilarious:

The first couple times I saw it I feared it would eventually get on my nerves, but now I laugh uncontrollably every time I see it. Also, I say "You're Tire's all flat 'n junk" and "Cause I'm a pot hole....Soooooooooo" at least 20 times a day. I love it.

* Remember No-Shave November? Remember how I had to scrap it like two weeks in? Well, without telling you guys...I've been having No-Shave November/December and my month was complete two days ago. Here's the damage that was done in a month:
Not bad, eh?

* I love Christmas shopping. Well, I love doing it when I know what I'm going after and I get it. There's something about the rush that I get when I just spend tons of money in a short period of time...it's crazy. A few more things and I'll be done.

* Roy Williams is a pansy. Apparently, during the second half of UNC's 30 point win over Presbyterian, a fan for Presbyterian yelled, "Hey Dion, don't miss it!" while Dion Thompson, of UNC, was shooting a meaningless free-throw in front of the home UNC crowd. Roy Williams immediately turned around, pointed out the fan and had security kick him out. Are you kidding me? That's the nicest heckle of all time! As it turns out, good ol' Roy just doesn't want anyone to pick on his players because this is what he said, "I don't think anybody should yell anything negative at our players. Period. Let's don't make it a bigger thing than it is. But I just don't think anybody should yell negative things toward our players" Get a grip Roy, you're a great coach but come on, that's awful!

* Is anyone else just completely blown away when realizing that 2010 is just over 2 weeks away? It's so crazy. I mean 2010! Where the hell are my flying cars!

* Off to Charleston tomorrow and then back on Friday, it's gonna be great! These next 2+ weeks are always such a whirlwind and this year that will definitely be the case. However, it's the best stretch of the whole year! I can't wait!

Song of the Day: Ray Charles - Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

No comments: