Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits...

We wish you some merry tidbits, we wish you some merry tidbits...

* The CrapBags pulled out a tight one this week with a last minute TD catch from Percy Harvin! Now the Bags play the Zuckercorns (Ben) with the winner going to the playoffs (I think). We'll probably lose, but you got to love the never say die attitude the Bags have displayed this year! Also, the JuwannaMen won 3-0 and now sit alone atop the standings.

* I had two cheesy gordita crunches for lunch. Those things are fantastic. As much as I love Taco Bell I had never had one until recently...now I can't stop eating them. Becky's happy.

* Am I the only one who doesn't really care about this whole Tiger Woods thing? A lot of really famous people do kinda mean stuff...it just happens. I'm not saying it's right and I'm not saying we should all view Tiger the same as we used to...but I just don't care anymore.

* UofL athletic board meeting tomorrow at 3, followed by a press conference to name Charlie Strong the new Football coach...that's what the latest rumor is anyway.

* T-Will is coming back to Louisville! Woo-hoo! Hope restored for the b-ball team! What? Come again? Beg your pardon? Oh, he's not allowed to play for us anymore? That's dumb. Anyway, he's coming back into town to talk with the team before playing the Pacers of Friday and he's going to be doing an autograph signing at...Angio's Pizza! For those of you who don't know, Angio's is a tiny (semi-rundown) Pizza joint that's in an old gas station. However, T-Will is going to charge 8 bucks for his Hancock and give the money to the local business...which could use it. The whole things kinda weird, but it's cool of him to help out a local business.

* I really don't have a lot to talk about today...but check this out from fail blog:
If you can't read it all...the link is here. For the record, I've been to a Bon Jovi concert (it was free) and there were thousands of ladies just like this...including a few who invited me and my friends (we were 17 ,they were pushing 50) back to their hotel room. I smiled and informed them that they seemed lovely, but STDs and acid wash jeans on 50 year olds just ain't my thang. Then I ran away. Good times.

* Here's another gem from Failblog.org

That's fantastic.

* Now that we got a few laughs in, I have to acknowledge that today is the 29th anniversary of John Lennon's death.
Everyone has their influences and idols growing up and to say that John Lennon was one of mine wouldn't be doing it justice. Paul McCartney has always been my favorite Beatle and he always will be...but each year John gets closer and closer. The reason I've always been fascinated with John Lennon is not because of his unbelievable music gifts, but because of the way he was able to affect people's lives in so many ways. Some look at him as a Rock legend, others see him as a symbol of love and peace, there are even a few that see him as a savior type figure. For me, John Lennon has always just represented music as a whole. I can't even imagine what my musical tastes would be like if John, Paul, George and Ringo hadn't gotten together to play some songs over 40 years ago. Actually, I can't even imagine what my life would be like. The Beatles made me love music and I'll always be thankful for that.

Long Live John Lennon!


Song of the Day: John Lennon - Imagine

No comments: