Thursday, June 25, 2009

Happy Birthday to the Blog!

That's right...this past Sunday the blog turned 1! I know it's hard to believe (and really sad) but I've been blogging about my life for an entire year...and you suckers have been reading about it...thanks!

Now, I know some days you come on here and look for some interesting little update or something and then you end up getting something stupid, but as I scrolled through the blog archives the past few days I realized something...

We've been through a lot together gang.

Just off the top of my head, here are some things, good and bad, that have happened this past year.

* Saying goodbye to Taylor as she moved off to Charleston
* Buying a new car (and then helping me name it)
* Losing not one but two battles with Becky
* Starting the Micro Mini Marathon
* Dealing with a hurricane and a ferocious ice storm that hit Louisville
* Celebrating the Olympics
* Going through the loss of my grandfather
* Making "Tuesday Tidbits" a staple in all of our lives
* Moving out on my own into an apartment
* Introducing words like "Beardo" and "Stankafoodaphobia"
* Turning 23 years old
* Taking trips to: Charleston, Asheville, New Orleans and the Beach
* Dealing with a "stalker"
* Making it through one of the most thrilling UofL basketball seasons of all time
* Electing the first ever African American president.
* And who can forget this whole ordeal:
So, to all of you who read my blog and take interest in the thoughts and opinions I share....Thank You! I know I'm a bit ridiculous sometimes and I'm sure I've said things that you don't really agree with. But, I started this blog as a way for me to keep in touch with friends and family who I don't get to see as much as I'd like. As it turns out, this blog has given me a chance to celebrate, complain about and share the many things that have gone into a very pivotal year of my life. I thank you all for letting me be me and I appreciate all of you who read, comment and follow.

Now, though this past year has been a year of change and maturing in my life...the road ahead is sure to be just as exciting. I hope you guys will continue to read and I hope you guys continue to enjoy the craziness that is...The Life of Brian.

We're a whole year old gang! Go celebrate!

Song of the Day: The Beatles - Birthday
Beer of the Day: Sierra Nevada - Summerfest

No comments: