Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits...

TUESDAY TIDBITS!!! MOUNT UP!

* So I saw something today and it was so awesome I thought about just having one tidbit today and being done. I mean after seeing this any other tidbit is just going to seem silly. But anyway here you go...it's the official Beatles Rock Band Trailer:

I mean seriously...how sweet does that look? I haven't been this excited about a video game since...ever. The Cavern Club, The Ed Sullivan Show, Shea Stadium, The Rooftop Concert. I think it's safe to say that when this game comes out on 09-09-09 I won't be doing a whole lot else. Words can't express how much I'm geeking out.

*Last night a bunch of us went out to Jim Patterson Stadium to root on the Cards as they tried to take down Vandy and advance to their 2nd Super Regional in three years. It started off shaky, but timely hitting, great pitching and tremendous fielding led to a Cards win...and a big man pile!
They'll play powerhouse Cal St. Fullerton in a three game series starting Friday. The winner advances to Omaha and the College World Series. GO CARDS!

* As a result of the game last night, my voice is pretty scratchy this morning and my throat is killing me. I knew my voice was getting raw after Sunday's game, so on Monday I had tried to keep my talking to a minimum in hopes of saving some screams for C-A-R-D-S chants and yelling at the terrible umpires. I was doing great yesterday until I was driving to my guitar lesson and the Doors' "Roadhouse Blues" came on the radio. I couldn't resist...I cranked it and sang at the top of my lungs, how could I not? It's a jam. Anyway, I was still able to yell quite a bit at the game, but every once in a while my voice would crack in the middle of a, "YOU'RE AN IDIOT BLUE, HAVE YOu eVEr eVen SEEN A BASEBALL GAME BEFORE!?!?" Luckily everyone looked around for the unfortunate Cardinal fan going through puberty...and I have a pretty full beard...so I think people might have thought it was someone else. I'm a loser.

* I have to do something now that's never been done on this blog...ever. Alright, (deep breath)...I have to give a wag of the finger at Lebron James. So apparently after the Cavs got bounced from the playoffs the other night...Lebron didn't shake the Magic players' hands, talk to the media or talk that much to his team. He came out the next day and said he's a winner and that's why he didn't shake anyone's hand...but he did send an e-mail to Dwight Howard...and he is just so competitive and he is just so blah blah blah bologna. Michael Jordan always shook the winners' hands when he lost...because it's part of the game. Everyone gets beat. Just because you are super competitive and a "winner" doesn't mean you can be super cocky and confident all year and then go pout when you lose. I'm glad he was pissed...he should have been. But you always shake the other team's hand...always always always. It's like the first rule of sports. Now hopefully Lebron will learn from his mistake...before he ends up like Kobe....because Kobe sucks.

* So there's this new movie coming out that looks pretty good called, "Funny People". It stars funny people: Adam Sandler, Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill and Jason Schwartzman. The movie comes out like July 31st I think, but Director Judd Apatow (40 Year Old Virgin) has already come up with a weird way to promote the movie. Apparently, Apatow has created a fake TV show called "Yo Teach!" starring Schwartzman. It's not super fake, because there is a website on NBC.com talking about the show and there are two video sneak peaks about it...but in the end, it's totally fake and it's supposed to help the movie somehow. Kind of creative, kind of funny, really weird. Here are the videos though:


Pretty bizarre.

* Alright Kiddos, that's all the time we have for today. I'll try to do better tomorrow. Enjoy your Tuesday!

Song of the Day: Counting Crows - Omaha
Beer of the Day: BBC - Cardinal Red

No comments: