Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Steve Martin


Steve Martin was on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" last night and as I sat there watching him I thought to myself, "That guy is awesome."

He was on the show to promote his new bluegrass CD and he played a little number with Paul Simon. First of all, Paul Simon is an awesome guy...but he's out there. Second of all, Steve Martin is really incredible on the banjo. I knew he was good, but holy crap!

Anyway, as he sat there making fun of Jimmy Fallon in a very polite way I started to think of all my favorite Steve Martin movies. The Jerk, Three Amigos, Father of the Bride, etc. Then I started to think...I would like to be friends with Steve Martin.

I love to play those hypothetical games like, "If you could have dinner with any 4 people, who would they be?" Usually I pick Paul McCartney and the other three are just kind of rotate between the likes of...Rick Pitino, Tom Brady, Bill Murray, George Clooney, Barack Obama, Conan O'Brien, Paul Rudd, etc. However, last night I made the official decision that Steve Martin would be cemented on the list and sit right next to Paul McCartney at my dinner table.

I've always thought Steve Martin was just as hilarious as they come, plus he's clearly got some music potential...so he has always been one of my favorites. However, the thing that reserved himself a seat is the fact that he just seems like a normal dude. He's never dressed too fancy, he's never rude to people, he's funny, polite and he's always smiling. I mean seriously...who doesn't like Steve Martin?

I could go on and on about why I like Steve Martin...but I think it would be redundant (just like this entire post) so I'll just end it by saying...Congrats to Steve Martin, the only person besides Paul McCartney to ever land himself a permanent seat at my imaginary dinner table for 5.

Here's a funny little song called, "Late for School" off of Mr. Martin's new CD


Song of the Day: Steve Martin - Hoedown At Alice's
Beer of the Day: Cumberland Brews - Nitro Porter

No comments: