Monday, January 18, 2010

Idiots...

Today I'm having a little case of the Mondays. I'm not sad or angry or anything...it's just kind of...blah! Luckily, I know exactly what to do when I have a day like this. No I don't look at funny youtube videos or find something to laugh at on failblog.org. I look at comments under sports articles and I find someone who says something really stupid and then I count the ways they are stupid and it makes me feel better. Is this mean, childish and immature? Probably, but it's also lots of fun. Plus, I'm a college basketball fan and I read lots of articles and blog posts about basketball around the Commonwealth. Luckily, UK fans are easy targets when it comes to my "case of the Mondays" fix.

Here's one I enjoyed from this afternoon. The blog post is from the Courier Journal's Rick Bozich:

"My friend Richard is a huge Kentucky basketball fan. I'm sure he'd be happy to be the "Y" guy for the Kentucky cheer on the floor at Rupp Arena if he got the invitation.

But he made an excellent point today:

Kentucky's three signature wins this season have come against North Carolina, UConn and Louisville.

Three six-loss teams.

That might explain why Kentucky still hasn't impressed the computer rankings.

I believe the Wildcats are 13th in the Pomeroy rankings, 14 in the Sagarin predictors and 10th in the RPI.

Thoughts?"

Within about 30mins a UK fan named J shelbordt had this to say: "Hey Bozo, Your an idiot. How can you ask such a question? sorry the cards cant beat UNLV"

Let me start by saying I don't really like Rick Bozich either. Let me also add that, from the looks of it, it's possible this UK fan can't read. Now, let's go on to dissect the ways this man is an idiot.

1.) "You're" is what the man was looking for in his insult. Also, it's usually a good idea to begin sentences with a capital letter. But hey, I make grammar errors all the time on the blog, so we'll let that slide.

2.) The dude asks Bozich how he can ask such a question. Which is funny for a few reasons. One, the topic was actually brought up by one of Bozich's friends who is a UK fan. Two, the question Bozich asks is "thoughts?" That seems like a pretty reasonable question to me.

3.) The guy says "sorry the cards cant beat UNLV." What does that have to do with anything? Bozich brings up UofL only to mention that they're really not all that great this year. Also, if you're going to make fun of UofL for a loss...I'd pick between the home losses to Charlotte and Western Carolina. Apparently any negative comment made towards UK automatically makes you a Cards fan.

Now, I realize I say and do dumb things all the time. Also, I know that people who comment on sports articles are probably the same people who call into sports radio shows...which means they're morons. There are UofL fans out there who do the same thing, but the UK fans make it a lot easier because there are so many of them and they get offended by any negative thing said about their Wildcats. I mean honestly, Bozich wasn't saying UK sucked and her certainly wasn't supporting UofL in any way. But, this Cat fan couldn't stand the fact that someone would question the legitimacy of the Wildcats in any way. In retaliation for Bozich questioning the magnitude of UK's best wins this guy felt it was necessary to call Bozich an idiot, take a shot at the Cardinals and make himself look like a well rounded human being. He pulled it off well.

I know most of you don't care about stuff like this. But, it puts a smile on my face and makes me think about how many dumb people there are in the world. So yeah, next time you have a case of the Mondays, let me know and I'll point you in the direction of a good blog.

Have a good one.

Song of the Day: Phantom Planet - Always On My Mind

No comments: