Monday, January 25, 2010

Weekend Recap

Good afternoon gang? How's everyone holding up? Considering I woke up this morning and thought it was Saturday (not even close), I'm hanging in there quite nicely. Anyway, I hope you guys had a great weekend...here's a recap of how mine went:

- I got down to Charleston at about 7 on Friday, Taylor had been craving chili (that's my girl) so I made some for dinner and then the two of us hung out with some of her friends and watched Conan's last show. For the record, Conan is awesome.

- Saturday we got up and wandered around King St. before heading for some lunch at Mellow Mushroom. Then, we were off to Kudu coffee shop to do some homework. For the record, I love coffee shops. I don't think I'd ever just go and sit there 5 days a week, but I do enjoy the atmosphere. After that we headed over to Taylor's friend Lindsay's house to play some trivial pursuit. Taylor and I totally won, just as we had the night before when we also played.

- Sunday I had to start my drive home. It was a bummer to leave Taylor in Charleston, but it was great to see her...especially since this trip wasn't really planned. Hopefully the time will fly until I see her again. My drive home wasn't so bad, I was able to listen to the UofL game, thanks to Mom who sat the phone next to the radio for most of the 2nd half. Then, I got to catch most of the colts/jets game and I was home at halftime of the Saints Vikings game. For the record, I called Favre's INT on the last possession. Lautaro owes me a beer.

- Now it's back to the grind. School's heating up, I'll hopefully be starting my internship work with UofL soon and after jumping through a few more hoops I think I finally be able to get my financial aid money...which means a new computer! Woo!

Alright, new week, things are getting busy...time to roll. Also, if you see me...try to refrain from laughing at the perfect diagonal line of zits that have made their way to my forehead. I honestly haven't had a zit in over a year and right now I have 4. It looks like a pimple constellation on my head...attractive. Oh well.

Song of the Day: Gordon Lightfoot - Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald

No comments: