Thursday, January 07, 2010

First Day of School...

I totally meant to post a picture of me on my first day of first grade...but I forgot to scan it. It's magical though, my hair is messy, I have a purple backpack with a baseball on it, I have my paper towels and Kleenex and I'm sporting some Converse Kevin Johnson black basketball shoes with my uniform (white polo, navy shorts). Clearly, I have always been cool.

Anyway, the day is here...I'm about to embark on my grad school journey. Throughout the entire application and registration process I've been nothing but excited. Excited to not only learn and better myself for the future, but also to just do something else for a change. I've enjoyed the normal 9-5 working thing, but I'm ready to do something else.

However, today my excitement level is down a bit. I'm still looking forward to the whole thing, but for the first time in a long time I have first day jitters. I'm not nervous or scared that the kids will tease me or that I won't have a place to sit at lunch...I'm nervous that I'm going back to school. I'm going to have homework, tests, presentations and papers...damn. One of my teachers sent me the syllabus for my class (financial principals of sports) and while it looks pretty interesting...it's still a syllabus and there's still work to be done.

I'm not in any way regretting my decision and I'm not complaining about the choice I've made. It's just that the whole grad school thing became real all of the sudden. Since I began studying for the GRE in July, the actual attending of classes and such seemed almost like a dream. Now that the day is here, it's just an odd feeling. But in the end, there's no reason to be nervous or anxious...it's going to be fine.

The journey towards UofL AD starts in about two hours...so here goes nothing!

*Side Note: Even though I'm excited and it's my first day of class...I was still hoping for a snow day. Nothing's better then a snow day.

Song of the Day: Vampire Weekend - Campus

No comments: