Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuesday Tidbits...

Here we go...

* I had to read a book for class today. It was about 320 pages long and I've known about the assignment for over a week. I read the book and was finished with it on Sunday, leaving me yesterday to just relax. It's the first time I've done something like that in my entire life. Grad school makes you do crazy things.

* Speaking of grad school, I have a meeting on Thursday morning with a lady from the UofL athletic department. If all goes well, I'll be doing some sort of intern work there in the future. It would be both awesome and huge for my career goals/plans.

* I you haven't played Zilch...you're missing out. The game is awesome.

* Anyone see the Aziz Ansari comedy special on Sunday night? I caught some of it and DVRd the rest. The guy is hilarious. I think it's on again Thursday night...but maybe Friday. I'm not sure, check Comedy Central's schedule. You should really watch it.
* Today is going to be a super test of my dedication to Grad School. I'm insanely tired, it's cold and foggy and I have a three hour class starting at 4:30. I'll do my best to stay awake. Wish me luck!

* The Juwanna Men won 2 of 3 this week, we're going to win the league for sure. Especially because everyone else has stopped playing.

* The new Spoon album came out today, someone with more money then me should buy it and tell me how it is. Since I'm back in school I can't take too many chances on CDs anymore...it's sad.

* Is it sad/wrong that since about 2:00 I've been thinking to myself, "after class tonight I'm going to Taco Bell and getting 2 Cheesy Gordita Crunches" and that thought makes me feel like a kid on Christmas? Whatever, if you've ever had a Cheesy Gordita Crunch you'd feel the same way.

* I recently played the new Mario game for the Wii and it's fan-friggin-tastic. It really is the best game for the Wii, I think. I'd buy it but I'd like to get good grades in grad school and the two things can't coexist.

* Jay Leno...you suck! Nobody likes your show, you're not funny and you continue to look like an ass at all times. Long live Conan O'Brien!

* I think there's a new Scrubs on tonight. If you haven't seen the new edition of Scrubs you really should check it out.

That's all for today gang. Have a good Tuesday night!

Song of the Day: The Beatles - Please Please Me

No comments: