Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Stuff...

This post is like a mix of Tuesday Tidbits and...something else. Basically, I don't have any one thing to talk about today, but it's not Tuesday and there's a few things to mention. I'm just going to do a numbered list:

1.) Steve Nash is still my favorite NBA player, but Baron Davis is catching up. Check out this awesome rap video he's in:

The coolest part of that video is by far his t-shirt and shoes which feature his new "Beard Man" logo.
First person to find me that t-shirt for sale wins a prize.

2.) I had my "Intro to Research Methods and Statistics" class last night. It's a class that all grad students have to take and let me say, I was not excited about it. However, my professor is a pretty cool guy, he's young and likes bourbon, Guinness, basketball and Josh Ritter. Also, he didn't make us buy a text book. It shouldn't be so bad.

3.) Conan O'Brien is one of my favorite famous people. It is absolute crap what NBC is trying to do to him and I'm so glad Conan had the balls to stand up to them. Jay Leno's time is over...make him retire. Having the "Tonight Show" start at midnight makes absolutely no sense.
If you haven't read Conan's full statement you can read it here. The last line is my favorite...

Have a great day and, for the record, I am truly sorry about my hair; it’s always been that way.

Yours,
Conan

4.) I made a "Best of 2009" mix and I'll post it's contents soon.

5.) I didn't get the YahooSports College Basketball blogger job. Damn. I knew it was a long shot all along, but it really was MY job. Oh well, hopefully I'll get some work in UofL's athletic department soon.

6.) My favorite TV show is SportsCenter. I can try to tell you it's something else...but while I was watching SC last night I realized that if you added up all the minutes I've spent watching the show, it probably equals a whole year of my life. I'm not kidding. I watch it for at least 30 mins every single day (usually more like an hour). Also, true to Da Kaizah's words, Scott Van Pelt is the best anchor on there. There are lots of great ones, but he's my favorite.

7.) I think I get a new phone today...that's cool.

8.) So far so good on the New Years resolutions. However, this eating and drinking less thing puts me in a situation where I am starving 24/7. It sucks.

9.) Modern Family has been picked up for a second season by ABC. Hooray! Don't forget to watch tonight.

10.) Also, the "new" Scrubs is pretty good too. I was skeptical, but I really enjoy it. Check it out next Tuesday on ABC.

That's all for today, I'll try to do better next time. Good Night Canada!

Song of the Day: A Tribe Called Quest - I Left My Wallet In El Segundo

No comments: