Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tuesday's Tidbits...

I know that's a lame title for this post...I just wanted to say "tidbits." (insert 4th grader giggles)

- There are some great things on courierjournal.com this morning about our beloved Cardinal basketball team. First, an article about how Rick Pitino is trying to make our schedule the toughest in the nation, because we are going to be that good! (God, please no injuries) Second, is a sweet photo gallery of what the new arena will look like. I love Freedom Hall and when the Cards play their last game there I'm going to take a week off of work to cope with it...but the new arena should help me recover quicker.
Man, I don't know what I'm going to do when we win the national championship this year...but I know it WILL involve lots of beer and it WILL NOT involve pants!

- This week VH1 is airing "I Love The New Millennium" (on at 9 and 10 each night this week). I watched some of it last night and I must say that I am a bit disappointed. I was really hoping to have some of those, "Oh yeah, I forgot about those things" type moments...but I remember everything they talk about (with the exception of the razor scooter...but those things are lame). I mean I graduated grade school, high school and college since the year 2000...and they couldn't come up with one thing to surprise me with. I'll continue to watch, mainly because Michael Ian Black is very funny, but my expectations are not very high.

- Taylor and I went to dinner at Captain's Quarters last night, and it was lovely. We sat out and looked at the river and the food was great. But, the best part was the kid at the table next to us. He was literally the most unhappy child I have ever seen (probably because his dad was a tool). First of all the kid looked like a 9 year old Jim Breuer who had just had broken his Razor scooter.


When the waiter came to take drink orders this is what happened:
Waiter: Can I get you guys something to drink?
Dad: No Thanks, I already have some Chardonnay.
Waiter: What about him? (pointing at the kid)
Dad: Oh yeah, what do you want to drink Tommy (I'm not sure what his name was)?
Tommy: NOTHING!
Dad: He'll just have some water!
(Waiter leaves the table...laughing)
Dad (to Tommy): You better get your act together.
Tommy: SHUT UP!
(Dad gets out of his seat and pretends as though he is going to beat the crap out of Tommy...Tommy is not scared)
Mom: For God sake's Tim sit down!
Dad (Sits down): I still think we can have a lovely dinner.

This may not be that funny to read...but it was hilarious yesterday. Mainly because the Dad was an idiot and his son obviously hated him (I guess that's not really funny...but it kinda was). You shouldn't tell your father to shut up...ever...but I give Tommy the O.K. on this one. Hopefully they got Ice Cream later and everything was fine...but I doubt it.

Crazy times.

Song of the Day: John Prine - That's The Way That The World Goes 'Round
Beer of the Day: Goose Island - 312

No comments: