Friday, June 27, 2008

T.G.I.F.


That's right everyone T.G.I.F! You know what that means...get some popcorn and cuddle up on the couch tonight so you can be sure to catch: Family Matters, Step by Step, Perfect Strangers and Dinosaurs! It's gonna be fun fun fun!

Okay, that was a lame way to start off a Friday. So lets make up for it! I'm very excited this Friday and that's because some old friends are coming in to town tonight. Among them: Leigh, Matt, Todd and Roy Lee. I don't know where we will go, but if you see us out tonight feel free to by me a drink! If you do go out and you worry that you won't recognize me because I shaved off my beard last night...well worry no more...I'll be the idiot wearing a t-shirt with this on the front of it(not really)...

That's right...it's time to get serious about this fan thing. We have one more addition today (thanks Erin) so that puts us at 16 fans with one week to go. So I need everyone's help. Print some of these off and post them in your house, local grocery, on your firstborn child, etc. We need to get the word out. I can't do it alone...and it is a feat that can be celebrated by the entire fan club. There are still a few people out there who refuse to be in the fan club and seem like obvious members...cough...Taylor and Ben...cough. Maybe they just don't love me. So yeah...I have no shame...and the campaigning starts now. If I don't get 50 by the 4th, I'm going on a bender...and that won't be pretty.

Now then, for more fun (but less important) things. I pride myself on many things, ability to name UofL basketball starting lineups for the past 20 years, ability to grow hair quickly, ability to name that tune in 3 seconds, ability to hate the guy who sells "Oxy Clean" and the ability to time travel. However, I also like to pride myself on making up words and having them used by other people, as well as bringing back words and phrases from the past and making them cool again (still pretty lame though). So today I have a new word...Beardo

Beardo (pronounced like weirdo with a B) is a term that is used to describe someone with a beard who embodies exactly what it is to have a beard. Meaning that you are a good hearted individual, have a beard more often than you do not, are someone I would really like to be friends with and look as though you could be cuddly like a teddy bear, but able to beat someone up at any moment. My top five famous Beardos of all time are: Abe Lincoln, Jim James (lead singer for My Morning Jacket), Sean Connery, and the ZZ Top guys. The biggest "non Beardo" (really lame people with beards) in the world is Michael Moore. You got it? I'll use it in a sentence or two just to make sure.

1.) I sure would like to make that beardo over there my boyfriend!
2.) What's with that shirtless guy dancing by the bar? Oh he's just a beardo...no worries.

Alright, I challenge you now to think of your favorite Beardos...and share them with everyone if you so desire. If you have someone who you think might be a beardo but aren't quite sure...just ask me and I'll tell you. (That's a trick to get more fans).

For the record while typing this exact post, my dad copied me on an e-mail that he sent out to several people (good job dad!) but here is what it said:

"If you haven't seen this yet, check it out and then let Brian know you did - email, phone call, text message - whatever. He's shooting for 50 readers/fans by the 4th of July, so I thought I'd try to give him a little boost before he starts shamelessly self-promoting himself.
Well, it might be too late for that, but check it out anyway! And tell your friends!"

HAHAHAHA! He knows me too well. I like that he at least tried to promote the blog and get 50 fans before I could shamelessly promote myself...but he was way too late. Also, this is not about me...this is about us as a community. "The Life of Brian" is bigger than just one individual. (That might be cockier than just promoting myself...sorry) But, his e-mail already gained one more fan...Melissa! Welcome aboard! That's 17 now.

Oh well, sorry for the long post, I get excited on Fridays! Have a great weekend people!

Song of the Day: Wax Fang - WWII Part 2
Beer of the Day: Dogfish Head 90 min. IPA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brian -
TGIF reminds me of "Somebody's got a case of the Mondays.." and I don't like that. Also, you mispelled "Buy" (you spelled it "by"). And I guess I'll be a fan BUT only because youre my boyfriend.
Your Love Girlfriend,
Taylor

Brian said...

Clearly Taylor didn't read the post where I admitted that I make mistakes but didn't want to edit them in order to protect the authenticity of the blog. Sheesh. I still love you though Taylor. Welcome aboard.