Tuesday, June 17, 2008

One Fine Day

I know when you read the post title you think of that George Clooney movie...I didn't do that on accident. "One Fine Day" is one fine movie, and I'm not ashamed to admit that I own it on DVD.

Anyway, yesterday was just a wonderful day in the life of Brian. It all started when I woke up to the sounds of a brilliant thunderstorm! I love waking up to thunder, especially when it wakes me up before I have to get up...it's just wonderful. Luckily the rain stopped by the time I went to work, which was good because we all know how nasty I get when my jeans get wet.

While at work, Dad and I went to Qdoba for lunch and then a stop at Smoothie King before going back to the office...two great stops! Once back at the office, Dad and I spent the rest of the day running around the office like little jo-jo the indian circus boy with a pretty new pet. The U.S. Open was on, and Tiger and Rocco played one of the most amazing playoffs ever. It was a great time running back and forth to Dad's office to update on the scores...then, when it went into sudden death, we were like, "Screw it" we just turned on the T.V. in the conference room and watched it. It was awesome. (Also, did anyone notice when Rocco missed his putt to lose, Tiger tried to give him the awkward handshake? Luckily Rocco smacked Tiger's hand and gave him the big bear hug! At a boy Rocco...one person at a time.)

By that time work was over and I stopped at Ear X-Tacy to check out the used CDs since they are $2 off on Mondays. Wouldn't you know it...ol' Ben-Jam was there too. It's always good to just run into your brother...especially at Ear X-Tacy. I bought Dinosaur Jr.'s Greatest Hits and My Morning Jacket - It Still Moves (don't tell anyone I didn't actually own that CD...I have it on vinyl and now I fixed the problem).

From there it was on home. Mom was at the mall so she picked up Bourbon Chicken for dinner (YESSS!!!!). I got my new cds, and poured myself a nice Bell's Oberon (Thanks Ben!) and Mom and I sat on the deck. It was absolutely gorgeous outside. For my money it doesn't get any better than listening to My Morning Jacket, drinkin' good beer and chatting. We sat and talked for a good amount of time, then noticed that the moon was large and wonderful.

The day appeared to be topped off with a visit to Taylor's, but it wasn't just any visit. Taylor wanted ice cream and since it was nice we thought we'd stroll up to Graeter's. It was a wonderful walk just the two of us and I got some bourbon ball ice cream...which is like a magic show in your mouth.

The day was perfect. Great food, great beer, great music, great weather, great people. All things important to me! If UofL had won a basketball or football game...that would have topped it off, but I'll settle for what I got.

Some days are bad, some are good...Yesterday...well it was a truly wonderful day!

Sorry for the long post. I just wanted to share how wonderful my day was yesterday. I wanted to scream it from the top of a mountain, but I didn't have a mountain...I had a blog, so that's gonna have to be good enough.

Beer of the Day - Bell's Oberon (Thanks Benny!)
Song(s) of the Day - Dinosaur Jr. - Feel The Pain, My Morning Jacket - Dancefloors

I bet you didn't see those coming.

No comments: