Monday, April 20, 2009

What a Wonderful Weekend...

Let me just say that I had a great weekend.

As you know Taylor was in and on Friday we drove down to Danville to meet up with Roy Lee, Will, Lautaro, Leslie, Danielle, Emily and co. for a night of fun at ol' Centre College. Oh, I forgot to mention the Avett Brothers were there too!

We got down there and grabbed some pizza and a few beers and then headed over to the show. The Avett Brothers were great and as I watched and sang and danced I kept thinking how awesome it was that they were playing at Centre, our little Danville college. After the show we headed back to Roy Lee's for more partying. It was great seeing everyone and catching up with them, it felt just like old times.

*Note: My favorite part of the Avett's show is when Scott Avett was introducing the band and said, "On Cello - Joe Kwon, also know as the chick from Grey's Anatomy. He really does look like that chick, but I bet she can't play cello like him.

On Saturday Taylor and I headed back to Louisville and got ready for her "birthday" party. Taylor's birthday is actually tomorrow, but we went a head and celebrated anyway.

The weather was perfect and the wide range of folks that showed up made the shin-dig a success.

Sadly, like always...Taylor had to return to Charleston yesterday. But even though it was a bummer end to the weekend, I glad I got to see her for a few days and I got to catch up and party with so many great people. Overall, I have to give the weekend a big 10 outta 10! Plus Taylor is home for a month in less then a month!

Back to the weekly grind...boo! Enjoy your Mondays.

Song of the Day: The Avett Brothers - The Lowering (A Sad Day in Greenvilletown)
Beer of the Day: Red Stripe

No comments: