Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits...

Tid-Bits...nuff said.

* Guess what today is? It's Taylor's 23rd birthday! Woohoo Happy Birtday Taylor. Welcome to the wild and wonderful world of 23 year olds, where everything feels just exactly like it did when you were 22. Seriously though...Happy Birthday my dear!

* Also big news that I've known about for a bit but haven't found time to mention...Jake and Leslie are engaged! Woo-hoo! Congrats you crazy kids, everyone here at the LoB is extremely happy for the two of you and we wish you all the best!

* While Taylor's birthday and Jake and Leslie's engagement are both dynamite pieces of news...what I'm about to tell you might just make you a little more excited. Are you ready? The Qdoba on the corner of B-town rd. and Eastern Parkway (yes the one pretty much at the end of my street) is now going to be open 24 hours on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and also they're serving breakfast from 6-11 on those days! YEEEESSSS!!! That means if it's 4 a.m. on a Friday night/Saturday morning...I can get a chicken queso burrito! I'm so excited...I'm not really sure what to do with myself.

* Paste magazine ran a special on Saturday where you could subscribe to their magazine for a year and you could pay however much you wanted. The deal was only supposed to last 24 hours...but yesterday I was able to get a subscription for 5 bucks (I wanted to give them some money). The link is still up on their site so you can try it if you're interested. Paste is awesome.

* Speaking of Paste, I'm not really in to this whole twitter thing, but they had a cool article on their website about 10 musicians worth following on twitter. The best by far was ?uestlove (of The Roots) who recently posted this on his twitter page, "on behalf of big dudes everywhere: im TIRED of mofos thinking im not aware if i sit on a remote or keys or a samurai sword or judd nelson..."

There aren't many people who I like so much that I want to know what there doing at every second...but ?uestlove is one of them.

* So I recently had my fancy tickled by two movie trailers that I saw online.
The first is what looks to be an awesome documentary about Lebron James and his 4 high school teammates:


The next is a new romantic comedy (my favorite) with Zooey Deschanel (another favorite) and that kid from "Angels in the Outfield" and "3rd Rock from the Sun" (Not my favorites):

That movie will be awesome just because it included Wolfmother and Hall and Oats in the preview...that has to be a first.

* I'm in Avett Brothers overload after watching them the other night...this tends to happen after most concerts I attend. Anyway, to help cure it I thought I'd post this YouTube video of their excellent new song, "And it Spread" which will be on their new album (I think), which drops in August.


* Also don't forget about the first annual Micro Mini Marathon this Saturday. We've got about 20 people signed up and we've raised 25 bucks already from people who aren't even participating. Also, it's not too late to join the fun. If you want to participate let me know or just show up at the Bowman Field parking lot at 11:30 on Saturday. It's gonna be wild.

* I'm getting my haircut in 2 hours...crap!

I'm fresh outta tidbits now folks. I'll blog to you tomorrow.

Song of the Day: The Avett Brothers - Please Pardon Yourself
Beer of the Day: Harpoon - I.P.A.

No comments: