Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits...

Have no fear...your tidbits are here.

* So that National Championship was what we in "the biz" call a snoozer. Here were the two best parts...
This John Wooden Gatorade commercial:


and of course...the best part of every tournament:

Samardo, Andre, Preston and T-Will all get some action.

* Tonight at 8:30 the Lady Cards play in their first ever National Championship game. I firmly believe my next statement. If the Cards can somehow pull it off...it will be one of the top 5 upsets in sports history. It's a long shot...but it's a shot none the less. GO CARDS!

* I found out today that Wilco's new album (due out this summer) will have a track featuring Feist. I love Wilco, and I think Feist is pretty good too...so needless to say, I'm looking forward to it. The Avett Brothers have an album coming out this summer as well!

* I realized I need a haircut. I don't like haircuts, we all know this. However, I think for the longest time I've just been getting the wrong style. A new picture of Ryan's "old man" cut has surfaced...and let me tell you...I'm inspired:
Haha, it's just beautiful. My favorite part of the whole thing is that he looks like he could be Ted from Scrubs' son. Am I right?
Man, I think I'll just go with the standard trim up and save the "Ted" for another day.

* Good news gang, I got a call last week and it turns out that good ol' Tom is back in the bluegrass for a while. He was down in New Orleans for a period of time and now he'll be training horses in Louisville and Lexington until about July. (Related note: Margarita Monday's may not be dead yet).

* So here's a hilarious article from Paste. Turns out that Carlos Santana has a way to jump start the economy...his plan??? He reportedly asked President Obama to legalize pot. I don't see it happening, but you can't blame an old hippie for trying. Maybe Santana's feeling the effects of the economy and his life isn't so "smooth" after all. (Hahahaha... See what I did there? Hahahaha ha...ha....ugh)

* Alright, so it's less then three weeks away and there are still dozens (DOZENS!!!!) of you who haven't signed up for the Micro Mini Marathon. It's a exercise party for charity...what could be better!?! I'm still trying to think of what my gimmick is going to be...but I think I'm leaning towards scatting for 3.1 miles....zoooobaaadeyppoppbabbbaabbaa diggitydahdooobey dooo cha!

I bet most of you thought that it was impossible to scat by typing....you were wrong.


That's all for today party people....I'll be back tomorrow with a question (and a poll) that'll blow your brain all over your face.

Song of the Day: Wilco - What Light
Beer of the Day: Magic Hat #9 (number 9, number 9, number 9.....)

1 comment:

Taylor said...

I need them to pick another song besides "One Shining Moment." I feel like I'm watching the end of Free Willy or something...