Friday, April 10, 2009

10 things I like and dislike these days...

It's Friday...I get off of work at 3 today...I'm goin' with a 7-3! I'm a wild man!

* Like: This Time of Year. There is something fun going on for the next like 5 weekends, it's starting to get warmer, it's not dark until like 8:30, Derby is right around the corner, Taylor will be home from school in like a month...all signs point to awesomeness.

* Like: WNBA Draft. Louisville's own Angel McCoughtry was drafted #1 overall by the Atlanta Dream yesterday. I'm not a huge WNBA fan, but this is a big deal...way to go Angel! (Side note: if they didn't have team names like the "Dream" I might like the WNBA better)

*Dislike: Guitar Lessons. Actually I like guitar lessons, but I'm having to reschedule from my normal Thursday time and there is a chance I'll have to take a break for a month or so. Boo.

* Like: This YouTube video.

I stumbled upon this while searching for the Barry Manilow kid. I love the "I'm watching you" move.

* Like: Jim James and the Beatles. It's been well documented that I love the Beatles...it's also well known that I love Jim James and My Morning Jacket. Well last weekend Paul and Ringo teamed up for a benefit with a few other musicians...including Jim James. Here's a crappy video of them all playing "Cosmically Conscious"

I would have done terrible things to be at that show...horrible, unforgivable things.

* Dislike: The Lack of Chinese Food near my apartment. I really wanted some Chinese food the other night...but ever since "The Egg Roll Machine" burned down, there just isn't any good place to get Chinese around me. Someone should fix that...quickly.

* Like: Ultimate-Guitar.com. I've known about this sight for a while, but I've never fully utilized it until recently. Basically it will give you the guitar tabs for any song under the sun. In the last 2 days, with help from this site, I've taught myself: "This Time Tomorrow" by the Kinks, "What Light" by Wilco, "Rocky Raccoon" by the Beatles and "California Stars" by Billy Bragg and Wilco. It helps that those songs only consist of like 4 chords total...but I didn't know that until the site told me so. I'm totally gonna join a cover band soon.

* Like: Scrubs. 30 Rock is the funniest show on TV, the Office has been pretty good this year too, but Scrubs has been absolutely phenomenal this year. The new interns are funny, Kelso is hilarious as a retired guy, JD has gone back to being really funny instead of weird and funny and Elliot has been top notch this season too. The show has always been hilarious, but it had slipped a bit in the last few years. Even though this will probably be the last season for the show...it looks as if it's going out with a bang!

* Dislike: The Weather. It's 30, it's 60, it's snowing, it's sunny, it's rainy, it's hailing, it's 40, it's 70....just make up your damn mind already. It's giving me a headache.

*Like: This YouTube video. Will told me about this. Apparently this guy takes a few different youtube videos and then pieces them together. The end product is absolutely awesome...


That dude has lots of time on his hands though.

Alright gang...that's all for me. Enjoy your weekend and have a great Easter everyone.

Song of the Weekend: Flaming Lips - She Don't Use Jelly
Beer of the Weekend: Newcastle Brown Ale

No comments: