Thursday, July 10, 2008

Whoa...what's the date on that milk?

Happy Thursday kids! It's time once again for me to try and get a word that I made up used by other people. First of all, how many of you have used Beardo? No one? Well, I still like it...but maybe that's because I'm a weirdo (see what I did there?)

Anyway, today's word is
STANKAFOODAPHOBIA. Pronounced just like it looks Stank-a-food-a-phobia. This is something that I suffer from every single day. It is very serious condition and there are dozens of us suffering from it everyday...DOZENS!

So here is the definition. To make it simple, stankafoodaphobia is the fear of spoiled or stale food. For instance, if you don't drink milk without smelling it first, or if you don't drink milk once the sell by date has passed...then you might have a mild case of stankafoodaphobia. Also, if you simply pass up delicious food on a regular basis because it has a .001% chance of having gone bad....then you are stankafoodaphobic. Get it?

Let's use it in a sentence or two...

1.) No thanks Jeff, I'll pass on the Sun Chips...they're passed the date and I am stankafoodaphobic!

2.) I can't believe you won't eat some of this delicious cheese, what are you a moron?
- - "No, I just suffer from stankafoodaphobia."

Give it a try...you might even know a stankafoodaphobic yourself...or even worse...YOU might be one.

***LIFE OF BRIAN ALERT***
I'll be going out of town tomorrow for a week of fun and sun in South Carolina. I'll get to see Taylor, sit on the beach and drink lots of beer...I'll probably have to wear pants though since I'm going with her family and friends! (But maybe I can convince everyone that you're not truly on vacation until your pants less? Hmmmm.) It's going to be great though!! However, daily blog entries will probably not happen...but I'll try to post at least a few times while I'm gone...I know you guys will miss me, but try to be brave.

To make this trip more interesting, I am riding down with Taylor's Dad, Jim. It should be some really sweet male bonding time and I think that it's safe to say that once the 10 hour trip is done...Jim and I will either be best friends, or I won't be dating his daughter anymore. Here's hoping it's the first one! Wish me luck.

Song of the Day: James Taylor - Carolina in My Mind
Beer of the Day: Palmetto Brewing Co. - Palmetto Amber

*Pssst...check it out over there to the left...51 fans! Welcome aboard Chris!

1 comment:

Wowwie said...

Sorry I won't be there too so I could help you sit on the beach and drink beer all day while fending off a near sandstorm...