Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday afternoon slumber

You wanna know how I know I had an entertaining weekend? Well because I'm sitting at my desk trying everything I can in order to keep my face from falling onto my desk and taking a nap. I mean I'm strug-glin! I'm blowing into my eyes, drinking soft drinks, listening to music and keeping my legs in constant motion...and it's working...barely.

Anyway, my weekend kicked off on Friday when Will and Lautaro came over to have a few drinks before we headed out to dinner. It was good seeing the two of them and catching up and from there we moved on to Cafe Lou Lou's for some dinner, all the while meeting up with Jake, Leslie, Drew, Christanna and some others. The food was good, but the company was better. From there it was back to my house to sit and have some drinks on the deck...all in all it was the perfect way to kick off the weekend.

Saturday proved just as fun as the day was full of pool volleyball...my favorite sport in the world...and the afternoon and night was full of drinking and pizza! We were going to meet up with Jake and them again for dinner...but to help out all of our wallets (especially Lautaro's!) we just ate pizza. In addition to Will, Lautaro and Me...Gera had joined the crew...as did Chris and Todd. After our incredible pizza it was time for cornhole and high-low-red-black...and man did we have fun! Jake, Lesli and crew stopped by later on to hang for a while...but unfortunately they were scared by the beer soaked pizza eating zombies that the rest of us had turned into...they didn't mind too much though!

Sunday came with a final lunch meeting with everyone before we all spread out across the country. It was great seeing everyone again, and while the weekend would have been perfect had Taylor not been in Charleston...it was pretty good I must say.

However, now the feelings are setting in again as school gets closer and closer...more people are leaving. Will is off to Alabama in a few weeks, Gera to Mexico, Jake back to Texico, Leslie to Nashville, Chris to Boston. Everyone to everywhere. It's beginning to set in that the real world is starting and the college days are really over...I don't like it...at all. But, I do have some pretty great places to visit, so I'll make sure to do that...starting with a trip back to Charleston in about a month.

Siiigh, good things come to an end...and this was a good weekend...great to see Will, Jake, Leslie and everyone....especially great to see Todd who I hadn't seen in like 6 months...but sad because I miss Taylor and I will begin to miss all of those leaving to go start their new lives. It is sad, but exciting too for everyone and we'll all get back together soon!

The good news is that I have a plan. If we all get web cams...we can totally still play certain drinking games together and it will be just like we we're back at college. Eh? What do you think?

Siiigh, let it go Brian...just let it go.



On a side note, I saw the new Batman movie...it was awesome....I miss Heath Ledger too!

I'm gonna go now before I fall asleep and lose everything I've typed.

Song of the Day: Ryan Adams - Answering Bell
Beer of the Day: Rogue - Hazelnut Brown Nectar

No comments: