Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Blogs are a great way to waste time...and laugh.

So blogs are kind of lame...you know that obviously if you are reading this. However, there are a few blogs that I frequent and obviously I am a blogger myself. Blogs are always good for a laugh and they are a good way to pass time when just sitting around a computer. I know some people think...why should I listen to this person or care what they have to say? Just because he/she has a blog doesn't mean they know anything. Well, yes...but that's the point of blogs. Trust me I've read 20 crappy blogs per every good blog I have read...but the good ones are just fun to read because it is just some random person who is talking to whoever...about god knows what....and that's why I am proud to be an American.

Ok then, I read a ton of blogs, but I won't overload you with all of them today...I'll give you some today to check out and then some at a later date...that way I won't overload you. And also, you won't see all these other amazing blogs and then stop reading mine. So here we go.

1000 Awesome Things

This blog is by a guy who is just coming up with one awesome thing for 1,000 weekdays in a row. Each day a new post...each day a new awesome thing. Here are some of my favorites:
#996 - Opening and sniffing a can of tennis balls.
#993 - Fat Major League Baseball Players
#980 - Old, Dangerous Playground Equipment

Michael Ian Black
Yup this is the VH1 whore who is really only famous for being on the "I love the 80's, 90's, etc" shows...and also he was on the TV show "Ed" which was a great show. Anyway, he is not really famous...but he's really funny and weird.

Mike Birbiglia's Secret Public Journal
This guy is easily the funniest stand up comedian on the planet. This is his journal online and he talks about all sorts of ridiculous things. If you can ever catch one of his specials on Comedy Central...tape it...because you can watch it 100 times and it is always funny. Plus, his Wiffle Ball Tony joke about President Bush is one of the funniest jokes ever. (The video just has sound...but it's the best rendition)

Stuff White People Like
This is another one like the 1,000 things blog. It basically is just a list of a bunch of things white people like. My favorites: Facebook applications, sweaters, unpaid internships, standing still at concerts, assists and Barack Obama.


Ok, those blogs should keep you busy for the next week and a halfish...so enjoy them!

Also, an update on Operation Dump Becky 3.0. Not only did I exercise last night, I also tried out a Wii Fit (which is totally awesome) and found out that I am normal weight for my age and height. YEEEES!!! Screw this exercise thing! Just kidding. Although I have now moved my goal from losing 15 pounds to only losing 12 by October 1! Plus I was only normal by about.125. Which means I don't have a lot of room to maneuver...So, I'll continue to try and get rid of Ol' Becky!

Song of the Day: Lupe Fiasco - Hip Hop Saved My Life
Beer of the day: Brooklyn Brown Ale

P.S. If you live in the greater Louisville area...go outside right now if you haven't yet today. It is simply gorgeous outside. Sunny, Breezy and NO HUMIDITY!!! WOO-HOO!

No comments: