Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits...

Boom Goes The Dynamite...

* The CrapBags are officially awful at fantasy football. Not only are we losing games, but also we're not even coming close. With 6 weeks left, we're only 2 games out of 1st place...but we're also in danger of earning exactly $0 for the first time since...ever. I blame Steve Kragthorpe.

* The good news in fantasy land is that I'm now part of a fantasy basketball league. We had a draft the other night and I picked up some stud players including, Lebron James, Steve Nash, T-Will, Baron Davis, Ben Gordon and Al Jefferson. So now not only do I need you guys to root for the CrapBags...but I also need you to root for...The Juwanna Men. I'll keep you updated on our season.

* Hey guess what? I get to go to Charleston again this weekend! Boo-yah! I won't be gone as long as I was last time, but it will give Taylor and I a chance to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. Also, one of Taylor's friends is getting married this weekend...so that'll be fun too.

* I'm not sure if you guys have checked the date lately...but it's November. You know what that means? It means this:
Yup, it's now officially ok (in my book, at least) to start getting in the Christmas spirit. Crank up the Christmas songs, watch Elf, Home Alone and Christmas Vacation, and drink some egg-nog! For crying out loud...it's the most wonderful time of the year!

* I absolutely love when it gets dark early. I'm not sure why, but I just love it. Anyone else feel me on this?

* Here is a picture of Taylor and me dressed as Don and Betty Draper from Mad Men for Halloween:
Fancy! I kinda want to dress like that always....

* Former Louisville Stud and current Juwanna Man, Terrence Williams, was recently featured in the New York Times. It's a really great article about his past and how he's adjusting to the NBA lifestyle. I really do love that guy.

* For the record...I hate Florida's football team. Actually, I hate the entire SEC conference. Are you seriously going to tell me that a player is going to get caught gouging another player's eye out and then you're going to suspend him for 1 half of a game against Vandy? Give me a friggin' break. I'm pretty sick of college football...thank goodness b-ball is on the way.

* Last but not least today, Paste has issued their 50 best albums and 50 best films of the past decade. Overall, they're pretty solid lists. However, I'm a bit upset by the fact that My Morning Jacket was left off the list. I know I like them more than most...but to say they didn't make one of the best 50 albums of the past decade is unfair. Also, don't get me started on the whole Love Actually omission from the films list.

Alright gang, I'm off to my guitar lesson in a bit. I hope you all have a wonderful night.

Song of the Day: Arcade Fire - Intervention

No comments: