Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Christmas Explosion...

That title is not meant to be sexual or violent.
So, I've decided that this year I'm going into super-ultra-wham-o Christmas mode. I realize that most of you are probably saying, "Brian, how is this different then any other year? You always go overboard during Christmas!"

Au contraire, Bon jour!

This year I'm making a list of all things Christmas and my goal is to have them all accomplished by December 25th. So far...here's my list:

* Decorate my apartment indoors and outdoors
* Watch the following Christmas movies: Elf, Christmas Vacation, Home Alone, Home Alone 2, Love Actually, White Christmas, It's A Wonderful Life, Charlie Brown Christmas, Christmas Story, Christmas Carol
* Make a gingerbread house
* Make Christmas cookies
* Send out Christmas cards
* Create a new holiday cocktail
* Ring the Salvation Army bell
* Participate in the Angel Tree
* Speak only with Buddy the Elf quotes
* Make a new Christmix CD
* Go caroling
* Go to Bardstown Road Aglow
* Learn to play at least 4 Christmas songs on the guitar
* Eat a candy cane
* Send someone a fruit cake
* Make it snow
* Drink Egg-nog
* Write a letter to Santa
* Decorate the blog
* Decorate my cubicle at work
* Put a wreath on Francisco
* Spread Christmas Cheer to everyone I encounter.

As you can see, there are lots of things to accomplish. I'm not saying that all of those things are going to get done...but I'm gonna shoot for 80%. Now, not only do I want to encourage you guys to participate....I want you guys to send me some suggestions. If there is something Christmas related that I don't have listed, let me know and I'll add it to the list.

Now then, there are lots of things to get accomplished and only 44 days to complete them all...so I better get cracking now.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Song of the Day: Ella Fitzgerald - Sleigh Ride

2 comments:

Jake H. said...

I don't know why, but I've been gripped by the Christmas spirit like never before this year. I've always liked Christmas, but don't feel like I've taken my celebrations to the fullest. As such, I am going to adopt your goals and I'll keep you updated.

Feliz Navidad!

Roy Lee said...

Well it should come as no shock that the spirit of Christmas has gripped me too...and tighter than ever. I plan on putting up my tree tonight! Woohoo! Okay...suggestions to add to your list of Christmas to-do's:

*Drink hot chocolate
*Drink wassail...preferably spiked.
*Make a snowflake
*I feel like The Polar Express should be added to the list of movies, but that's just me.
*Wrap gifts
*This probably goes without saying, but go to a Christmas party
*Send Roy Lee a copy of the new Christmix CD
*Also, this is something I do once every December, if I go out to eat and have a really great waiter or waitress, I leave them a big tip with a Merry Christmas note. It's not much, but it's fun!
*Go to see Santa at the mall

There may be more, I'll suggest as they come to me.