Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Back to School...

Ladies and Gentlemen...I'm going to grad school!

Yesterday at 5p.m. I received an e-mail from the head of the Sports Administration department at the University of Louisville that said this:

I am pleased to inform you that we have recommended that you be admitted to the Master of Science program in Sport Administration

Boo to the Yah!

I can't tell you how good it felt knowing that I got in (It was similar to when Rudy found out he was going to Notre Dame). It was a sense of relief mixed with pride and excitement. The reason I was so excited was because the more I started thinking about getting into grad school the more I started to really really want it! I wanted it for so many different reasons...

* I wanted it because I had made a new plan for my life and career and I had worked hard to put myself in a position to make it possible.

* I wanted it because now there's a pretty darn good chance that I will get to spend my career working in sports...something that I truly have a passion for.

* I wanted it because I wanted to have a degree from the University of Louisville. Things didn't work at so well for me when I attended UofL, it wasn't anyone's fault...but it just didn't work. However, that University is very important to me and it just feels right that I will have some type of degree from there.

* I wanted it for many other reasons that I want bore you with now.

So yeah, I know people get into grad school all the time and maybe my getting in isn't really that great of an accomplishment. But I just got into to the grad school that ESPN called, "The best in the nation for a career in collegiate athletics" and I'm all kinds of excited.

Now then, the crazy thing is...I start in like a month and a half. I haven't done homework since May of 2008 and I haven't gone to class since then either...but it's a welcome return back to the classroom. I've enjoyed my year and a half of being a working man and it's given me a better outlook on a lot of things...but it's time to go back to school!

I'll keep you updated on news, registration, classes, etc. It's gonna be a wild ride.

Song of the Day: Vampire Weekend - Campus

No comments: