Monday, November 30, 2009

Holiday Weekend Recap...

I hope you guys all had a wonderful Holiday weekend, here's what the last few days have been like for me...

Wednesday:
- built this gingerbread house with Taylor and Lautaro
You can't really see it, but that's a graham cracker basketball goal, I made. I'll post a better picture soon.

Thursday:
- Ate wonderful food and hung out with wonderful people.

Friday:
- Started Tailgating for the UofL game at 9 a.m....it was cold.
- The Cards lost and it was sad for the seniors...but then I gave them hugs to make them feel better. I'm not kidding. The players were pretty appreciative and thought it was pretty funny. Here are some pictures:
That's me hugging Trent Guy. You can't really get a feel for the emotion in this picture.
Yeah, he's my best friend.

Also, I hugged some other players and I kept saying, "I'm hugging Trent Guy before I leave here"...then this person walked by with dreadlocks and a sweatshirt that said "Louisville #3" so I ran over and yelled "Trent, give me a hug!" then I gave that person a hug...and it was Trent Guy's sister. She laughed and pointed behind her...where Trent was standing. Then he laughed and gave me a hug. I think I invited them to Christmas dinner at my house...but I can't remember. Nevertheless, we're totally BFFs now.

- Friday night I had some friends over and then we went to Molly Malone's. I normally don't like Molly Malone's but I had a really great time...it was probably because Todd was wearing his shirt like this:
He likes to let those chesties breathe...I can't explain it.

Saturday
* Woke up and felt awful...but then found out Steve Kragthorpe had been fired! Woo-hoo!

* Then the Cards took a loss in B-ball. I wasn't really that mad. It was on the road, we played crappy and still almost won. Plus, Kragthorpe got fired.

* Later that night we went out with some friends to celebrate a bit since Taylor was leaving the next morning. The Zeppelin Cafe is awesome by the way.

Sunday
* Taylor headed back to Charleston in the morning

* I laid in the dark and watched TV for several hours...it's my normal "mini-bender" that I do when Taylor leaves.

* Then I made meatloaf (it was ok for my first effort), watched Home Alone and drank Egg Nog.

* Then I woke up with a stomach ache in the middle of the night.


Now it's Monday and things are back to normal. It was a great holiday and it was good to see some old friends. It's on to Christmas now, Taylor's back home in 2 weeks and I've still got some work to do to complete my list of Christmas goals. I hope you guys are getting into the spirit, I'll give you an update of my Christmas cheer soon.

Song of the Day: Leon Redbone - Christmas Moon

No comments: