Thursday, May 20, 2010

Play Ball...

In about 3 hours, unless it rains, I will be making my Men's C League softball debut. It should be pretty wild.

Personally, I have no idea if I am good at softball. I played tons of baseball growing up and was pretty good in my prime. I played in a co-ed softball league in the summer of 2004, but we had to hit left handed. As a result, I was horrible. However, I'm hoping that once I snag my first fly ball and take my first cut at the plate...all my days of little league come back to me and I can help the team a bit.

The good news is that it's a Men's C League and our team is mediocre...at best. We had one game so far and let's just say...we lost....by 20...after 3 innings. Now our sponsor, Shuck Fence Co., is threatening to pull their support...not really, but I'm sure we're not helping their business.

However, In defense of my team, we had one less player, we had 0 time to warm up and none of us had played in several years. Hopefully tonight turns out a little better.

Regardless, it'll be nice to dust off the old glove and get beers with the team afterward.

Go Shuck Fence!

Picture of the Day: It's go time!
Song of the Day: John Fogerty - Centerfield

No comments: