Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Why Don't We Have...

Every once in a while I think of something and then I think, "It's 2010, why doesn't that exist yet?" I mean honestly, the i-phone is cool, the Internet is amazing...but where are my flying cars? Why do we not have an immediate cure for hangovers? and why isn't every channel in HD? These things seem simple, yeah? But still, I think of things all the time that don't exist yet. Naturally, I thought I'd start sharing my concerns with you guys in a new feature called, "Why don't we have...?"

Today's item is...

Cell phone caller I.D.

Seriously, why do I have to type in everyone's name in order to get it to show when they call? It's absurd. I mean seriously, this is a picture of my phone...
On my phone I can...listen to music, check my email, talk to someone in another country, take a picture, shoot a movie, play tetris, text message, instant message and calculate math problems...but if someone calls me and I don't have their number programmed in, it won't tell me who it is.

I mean really, is this too much to ask? Not even i-Phones have this capability. Plus, standard caller I.D. is something that has existed on home phones for like 10 years or more.

Don't tell me that it can't be done, but cause I'm sure there is someone out there who can do it.

So really, Why don't we have caller I.D. on cellphones?


Have a great day everyone!

Picture of the Day: Abbey Road on the River starts tomorrow. To commemorate, here's a picture of me and Ben crossing the real Abbey Road in London
Song of the Day: The Beatles - Nowhere Man

No comments: