Thursday, June 03, 2010

W....T.....F?

I found out recently that Paul McCartney won the 3rd annual Gershwin Prize for Popular Music. I was excited by this news because winning this prize means you play a wicked awesome concert at the White House and other awesome musicians play along with you. Paul Simon won the first year, Stevie Wonder won last year....each time awesome concerts followed and they were aired on PBS.

With all this said, you can imagine my excitement when Paste Magazine offered a sneak peak at the concert by posting a youtube video of Paul singing Hey Jude with other awesome people such as: Stevie Wonder, Jack White, Dave Grohl, Herbie Hancock, Elvis Costello, Jerry Seinfeld, Emmy Lou Harris, Barack Obama, etc. It's really cool, check it out...

Man isn't it awesome to see all those amazing people singing along with Paul Mc......Hey, wait a minute...IS THAT A FRIGGIN' JONAS BROTHER ON STAGE!?!?!?!?!

Yes, the sucky Jonas Brothers were there too. Bull....Shit. I mean honestly, the Jonas Brothers? You've got to be kidding me. Sure there are people who like the Jonas Brothers and maybe the Jo-Bros make little girls smile...but WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU PUT THEM IN A TRIBUTE CONCERT TO PAUL MCCARTNEY?

I'm not really sure why I'm so mad about this. Oh yeah I remember...because the concert was supposed to honor one of the greatest musicians of all time and the friggin' Jonas Brothers were on the bill.

Seriously, I would have rather Fergie been there....

Actually, that's not true. But still, you mean to tell me James Taylor, Neil Young, Eddie Vedder, John Prine, Lyle Lovett or any other great musician was too busy to play with Sir Paul McCartney at the White House? Yeah, I doubt it.

Sometimes...I hate the world...for little reasons.

Picture of the Day: Sorry America made the Jonas Brothers play your music for you, buddy.
Song of the Day: Paul McCartney - Maybe I'm Amazed

No comments: