Friday, May 21, 2010

Friends...

This week I've been reminded of a very important thing...I have terrific friends. I don't mean that to sound like I'm bragging about myself, I just really like my friends.

On Tuesday I was able to meet up with Tom and Chris. Tom and Chris, along with Todd, have been my best friends since grade school. We grew up together and even though we've all gone our separate ways, we stay in touch and make sure we see each other a decent number of times each year. Tuesday we went to a UofL baseball game and it was just a really good time. We drank beer, we talked about what we had been up to, we laughed about things that happened in the past...it was just a really good time.

Last night was another example of good friends. Team Shuck Fence made a big time improvement, but still lost 17-7. However, our team of random friends had a blast. With every hit, run, catch and throw we laughed, slapped high fives and made fun of Lautaro for trying to lead off first base in a slow pitch softball game. Plus, when Matt P made a full extension diving catch after covering about 30 yards...we all felt as if we won the game. Plus, we went out for beers and food at BBC afterward. Truly a great improvement from the team. It's all about camaraderie.

Finally, tonight I'm heading back to Centre College to meet up with Will, Roy Lee and Danielle. Lautaro will be there too and some others will stop by to say hello...but I can't wait to get there and have some fun.

These get togethers will be better once Taylor gets back in town and it's always a bummer when someone can't make it to, what I like to call, a "Friend Reunion." However, I love the fact that my friends try to stay in touch. It's so easy to let friends fall by the wayside, but in reality...good friends aren't something you can take for granted.

So if you'll excuse me...I'm off to tell stories, play drinking games and have a good time with some of my best friends.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Picture of the Day: This is from last year's end of the year celebration at Centre and it's one of my favorite pictures of all time. We were drinking and I thought it'd be hilarious if I gave Roy Lee wet willies every chance I got. I literally hit him with like 20 of them. He hated it, but I thought it was hilarious. He then tried to get me back...but he had no luck. This picture is a perfect representation of that night.
Song of the Day: Old Crow Medicine Show - Wagon Wheel

No comments: