Monday, May 17, 2010

Back in Town...

Hey Gang! Did you guys miss me? No worries...I'm back to my normal life now, which means back to normal blogging as well. Wooo! Here's a recap as to what has been going on for the last 11 days.

- Taylor is now a Master of English! Hooray! She graduated two Fridays ago and it was pretty cool. It's been a long two years, but she got the job done and now she's coming home! Congrats again, dear.

- After her graduation we joined her parents, my mom and some other folks at the beach for 5 days. We stayed on the Isle of Palms, just outside of Charleston, and it was muy bueno. Lots of laying on the beach, eating at Poe's (the best tavern in South Carolina), drinking, laying in hammocks, etc. It was great...as usual.

- I got back from South Carolina on Thursday night and then had to work the Big East Softball tournament on Friday. Now that that's over my work with the UofL Athletic Department will more than likely be finished until the fall. It sucks, because I enjoy working there...but it will give me more free time.

- Saturday Ben, Megs and I headed to Knoxville for a wedding. Our good friends Matt and Stephanie got married and it was a blast. Lots of dancing and drinking with a lot of people from college that I hadn't seen in a long time. Drinking with old friends is one of the better things you can do.

- Yesterday I returned home to help celebrate my little step-brother's graduation from high school. It's hard to believe that he's actually old enough to be going to college, but he'll start UofL in the fall. Congrats again, Ryan...the next four years will be a blast.

- Now then, I'm back in town...school's done for the summer...my internship at UofL is done for the summer and I don't have any large trips coming up until a pretty important journey to Wisconsin in about a month. Nevertheless, with Taylor coming home, summer time heating up and everyone under the sun getting married...there are plenty of things to get excited about in the near future.

For now, I've got some time to relax and get the blog back in shape.

Have a good one!

Picture of the Day: That's me napping on the beach while trying to avoid sun-burn last week...it was successful.

Song of the Day: M. Ward - Chinese Translation

No comments: