Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tuesday Tidbits...

And they're off...

* Guess what gang? I totally forgot to blog yesterday. Yeah, I took a "personal" day to finish the massive amounts of school work I had due this week and while I was busy writing papers and such...I totally forgot about the blog. I apologize.

* Now then, I just turned in my final paper and all that stands between me and a bad ass MMJ concert/summer are three tests...Ugh! Still, they're all done a week from today!

* If you haven't heard, UofL's new arena will be called the "KFC Yum! Center" I can't say I'm overly pleased with the name...but I saw it coming.
The best news is that not only will the Cards host Butler in the first game at the new arena (3 days after my wedding), but also...I'll be able to eat a Cheesy Gordita Crunch while watching games in person! Yeah, they're going to have Taco Bells inside the arena. It's going to be amazing. Also, there's talk of nicknaming the arena, "The Bucket" and I am 100% behind this idea.

* I seriously have to get a haircut. I've been so busy the past two weeks that there just hasn't been a chance...but the time has come.

* I had to work the UofL spring football game on Friday and it was totally awesome. I shook hands with Coach Strong, met Tom Jackson and watched the game from the sidelines with other UofL football alums. I also got to help put on a football clinic for kids at the Trager Center. It was pretty cool.
* Also, while messing around at the Trager Center (which is basically just an indoor football field). A couple of the other guys and I attempted the "punt, pass and kick" competition. For those not in the know, this is where you start at the back of the end zone and punt the ball. Wherever it hits first (you don't get the roll), you throw it from there, wherever your throw hits...you have to kick a field goal from there for a new car. They do it at halftime of UofL games and I always thought it looked kinda easy. Let me tell you...it is not. I was the best of our three participants and I had a 36 yard field goal for the "car." However, my field goal attempt barely made it to the 5, was wide left and never got more than about 6 inches above my head . So yeah, it's hard.

* "Picture of the Day" is leading by one vote on our "What to Add Poll." Voting ends tomorrow morning so be sure to vote if you haven't already.

* I watched the movie, "I Love You, Man" again over the weekend...and that movie is hysterical. The first time I saw it I thought it was just ok...but really...it's Paul Rudd at his finest. If you've never seen it I suggest you rent it this weekend, City Slicka.

* Parenthood is on tonight! You should watch that show, because it's awesome.

That's all I have for today. I'll try to do better next time. Until then...

Goodnight Canada.

Song of the Day: Youth Group - Shadow Land

No comments: