Thursday, April 15, 2010

Still a bit confused...

Hey gang, how are we today? Good? Good.

So I haven't really figured out what I'm going to change about the blog...or if I'm going to change anything at all.

For the past 3 or 4 weeks, I just haven't really been diggin' the blog too much. A lot of it is linked to the fact that the end of the school semester is near and I have assignments out the wazoo. But, it's not all because of that. Part of me just feels like the blog needs to be revamped. The current system has worked for quite some time now, but maybe it's run it's course? Maybe a less structured schedule would be more effective? For instance, I've kind of established this 5 days a week schedule...but there are often times I think of something that I'd like to share on Friday night or Saturday and instead of just posting it, I think..."I should save that for a post next week." Then I forget what I was gonna share and everyone loses.

On the other hand, the current system has worked for almost 2 years now. So maybe no change is needed?

I just don't know.

However, here's what I do know.

1.) I'm not going to stop blogging
2.) I do want to inject some more excitement into the blog
3.) This is going to be a trial and error scenario
4.) I have some ideas about changes that need some polishing before going into action
5.) I need more time to think about all of this
6.) Any input you guys could share would be helpful

One thing I know I'm going to do is add more pictures and videos. I've noticed that when I read blogs, they are much more fun to read when there are pictures and videos present. If it's just a bunch of text, it can feel like homework after a while.

With that in mind, I'm going to try to add a youtube video of the song of the day everyday...this way you guys can get a quick listen without having to go to itunes or anywhere else.

That's all I know for now, hopefully I'll have more polished ideas and a better vision for the blog tomorrow...or Monday.

Until then...

Song of the Day: The Black Keys - Strange Times

No comments: