Friday, April 09, 2010

Quick Friday Facts...

The weekend is just minutes away and I almost totally forgot about blogging today. Let's make it quick...

1.) I have to go to a mixer tonight. Grad School is hosting an alumni speaker series this weekend and while we weren't forced to go...being absent is majorly frowned upon. It won't be so bad, but getting dressed up and mingling with strangers isn't exactly how I enjoy spending my Friday nights. Plus, the last mixer I attended was in the 8th grade and it included slow dances to Kci and JoJo and plenty of Lou Bega's Mambo #5! I'm guessing this mixer will be different from the one in 8th grade...but let's hope the Lou Bega part is still involved. Also, wearing a suit and having to be somewhere at 9 a.m. on Saturday is not what I call "fun." At least, we're talking about sports and I get to do some networking....which apparently is mega important when you're an "adult."

2.) The Tiger Woods craze is...crazy! (See what I did there?). I don't agree with Tiger's actions and I think Tiger's a decent size tool box...but I still kinda want him to win. Quite simply, Tiger makes golf more exciting than the other golfers. Except Freddy Couples...I love Freddy Couples.

3.) Tom Jurich is a stud. He spoke to our class and some other folks (including the basketball team) last night. He talked about his vision and how thrilled he is with the current state of Louisville Athletics. Needless to say, it got me all jacked up.

4.) KFC is trying to kill us. If you haven't seen it, this is the new item for sale at KFC...The Double Down:
Yeah, that's a bacon and cheese sandwich with fried chicken as the bun. There's a small part of me that thinks that looks delicious. There's a bigger part of me that wants to vomit while looking at the picture.

5.) I would love to take a nap right now. Leaving work and taking a nap when I got home would be phenomenal. Not gonna happen though, I have to go mix with people.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Song of the Weekend: The Jayhawks - Save It For A Rainy Day

No comments: