Wednesday, April 07, 2010

5 Songs I Wish I Would Have Written...

Every once in a while I hear a song and I think to myself, "I wish I had written that. If I did nothing else in my life, I'd feel successful for having written that song." These songs aren't neccesarily my favorite songs, but they're just brilliant songs. The two perfect examples of this are "In My Life" by the Beatles and "Imagine" by John Lennon. "In My Life" is not my favorite Beatles song, but man...I wish I had written it. Same is true for "Imagine." I have a running list and it changes from time to time, but here are 5 songs that I wish I had written.

5.) Colin Hay - Waiting For My Real Life To Begin


4.) The Avett Brothers - Murder In The City


3.) Van Morrison - Sweet Thing
No video, click here.

2.) My Morning Jacket - Bermuda Highway


1.) The Beatles - You've Got To Hide Your Love Away


If anyone has any songs they wish they had written...feel free to share.

Have a good one.

Song of the Day: Dr. Dog - Where'd All The Time Go?

1 comment:

Doug said...

The Long and Winding Road -- The Beatles