Monday, April 05, 2010

10 Things I Like and Dislike These Days:

Haven't done this in a while...

* DISLIKE: Internet troubles. The blogger site was down for most of the afternoon and prevented me from posting on Friday. I apologize for that, but there wasn't much I could do about it. Nevertheless, I'm sorry to those of you who thought my April Fool's joke was for real and spent the whole weekend worrying about the future of the human race.

* LIKE: Sports. NCAA b-ball championship and opening day are both today. The Braves play the Cubs at 4 today, hopefully the Braves start the Bobby Cox farewell tour off with a bang. Also, go Butler!

* DISLIKE: Sweaty classrooms. Why do schools refuse to turn on the air conditioning? Honestly, it's 80 degrees in Louisville today and I bet the air isn't on at school. Every school I've ever attended has had a hard time pulling the trigger on the A/C when spring rolls around....it's awful.

* LIKE: Infusing Bourbon. I infused some bourbon with oranges last week and it's delicious. I'm thinking about doing a lime infusion next. After that....I'm going for bacon infused bourbon!

* DISLIKE: Haircuts. I need to get one...I'm not excited in any way shape or form.

* LIKE: Fantasy Sports. We all know about the CrapBags magical run through the fantasy football season and playoffs...and now the JuwannaMen have followed. I came from behind to knock off Lautaro's team in last week's championship. That's right, that makes me 2 for 2 in Fantasy Championships this year and puts me in the driver's seat for the "fantasy coach of the year" award.

* DISLIKE: End of Semester School Work. I had forgotten how awesome it is to have all of your teachers hurl assignments at you during the last 3 weeks of school. Between now and April 26th I have 3 group presentations, 3 tests and 3 papers due. I hate it.

* LIKE: Old Friends. Todd was in town this weekend for Easter and he came over for a bit on Saturday to hang out and have some brews. Additionally, Tom is back in town for like 3 months. We've all gone our own ways the last few years...but when we do get together it's like nothing's changed. Good times.

* LIKE: Softball. Our roster is pretty much full for the upcoming softball season and I'm totally pumped. I still need to get some equipment, but most importantly we still need a team name...we have some pretty good suggestions, though.

* LIKE: My Porch. I spent about an hour on Saturday, scrubbing, sweeping and vacuuming the porch at my apartment. Not to brag, but it looks fantastic now. With the warmer weather and a clean porch...good times are ahead.

That's all for today gang, sorry again about Friday. Hope you guys had wonderful Easters. Until tomorrow...

Song of the Day: Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back In Town.

No comments: