Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Sound of Your Own Voice...

I'm I alone in saying that I hate the sound of my own voice?

Now, let me clarify that just a bit. I don't hate the way my voice sounds to me when I talk, but whenever I hear my voice played back in a home movie, phone message, etc., I always cringe and think I sound like a doofus.

I mean honestly, when I talk I can hear the words coming out of my mouth and they sound fine. I don't have a strong accent, I don't have a speech impediment or anything, but I just don't like the way it sounds when it's played back to me.

I actually did have trouble saying my R's when I was younger. I guess all kids talk funny for a little bit, but I couldn't pronounce my "R's" until I was like 5 or 6 (I think). It was made even worse by the fact that I loved playing cards and my favorite game was...War. Or as I called it, "Wauw." It also sucked the entire year that I was "Fauw" years old. Oh well.

I don't really know what the point of this post is, I just know that I don't like the way my voice sounds when I hear it played back to me. Do you guys think I talk funny? Do you think you talk funny? This might actually explain why I think I'm an outstanding singer and the rest of the human race disagrees. I don't know.

Actually, I think there is a way to resolve this issue...I have to start talking with an accent or something. Or maybe I'll talk like Morgan Freeman. Ooh, what about a British Morgan Freeman? Yeah, I like that, gov-na'!

Alright guys, have a good Thursday!

Song of the Day: 38 Special - The Sound Of Your Voice

No comments: