Friday, February 26, 2010

Quick Weekend Thoughts

Howdy Gang!

I'm spending most of today, tomorrow and Sunday working softball games over at UofL...so here are a few quick thoughts for the weekend.

- The Olympics are coming to an end. Be sure to watch the Curling gold medal match on Saturday and follow the USA Hockey team as they try to win today and reach the Gold Medal Match.

- I entered a contest to win 2 tickets to the Freedom Hall finale. If I don't win, I'm going to be crushed. It's pretty much my last hope.

- There was a Beatles category on Jeopardy last night. I was so pumped! Every time I watch Jeopardy I hope there is a Beatles category...it was awesome. Now, I have to hope for a UofL Basketball category.

- Can we just get on with Spring already? I'm sick of snow, I'm sick of wearing a jacket and I'm sick of being cold.

- The Cards play @ UConn on Sunday. We need a win...badly! Go Cards!

- Louisville's own Falls City Beer is being re-issued. However, it's now a craft beer and apparently is selling for around 5-6 bucks a pint! They're only testing it at a few bars around town to see the reaction, but I can go ahead and let them know that if they sell a beer that used to cost $6 a 12-pack for that kinda price...it's not going to last. It's still cool though.

- Apparently, Scott Van Pelt dropped an accidental F-bomb on SportsCenter the other day. I realize that's not supposed to happen, but who cares? Let's just move on...Van Pelt is the coolest.

- I need to wash my car.

- Conan O'Brien has a twitter account now and it's hilarious! Here are his first two posts:

@ConanOBrien "Today I interviewed a squirrel in my backyard and then threw to commercial. Somebody help me."

@ConanOBrien "This morning I watched Remington Steele while eating Sugar Smacks out of a salad bowl. I was naked."

Also, his page description says, "I
had a show. Then I had a different show. Now I have a Twitter account."

He's awesome.

- One week until Taylor is home for Spring Break!

- 3 days til March!

That's all I've got for today. I'm off to some Softball games!

Song of the Weekend: Belle & Sebastian - If She Wants Me

No comments: