Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend Recap

Good Monday People! How was everyone's weekend? Good, I hope.

My weekend was pretty wild. I didn't do too much, but I had a good time. Here's a recap.

*Friday night I went and got Bourbon Chicken from the mall. I know it seems weird to go to the mall food court to get carry-out dinner, but if you've ever had the bourbon chicken...you wouldn't be judging. (Note: I just realized I don't even know the name of the place where I get the bourbon chicken....I think it's "Asian Chao" or something). After I got my grub on I proceeded to watch Semi-Pro on HBO on-demand. This is not a movie anyone should watch. I love Will Ferrell and this was just a pretty lame flick.

* Saturday rolled around and I had a big day ahead of me. By big day I mean I watched football, ate pizza and drank beer in my sweatpants until about 5 p.m. I know that seems like the life of a slob...but it's a pretty amazing way to spend a Saturday. After I watched the Cards lose and some other pigskin games, I hopped in the shower and then headed over to Dude and Melissa's wedding reception (Since their wedding was out of town they had a reception in town for those who couldn't come). Let's just say that's where the night got out of hand. Dude brewed two tasty ales for the event and they also had some apple cider (which I hear goes well with bourbon). Anyway, the party was winding down pretty early and as everyone left Dude and Melissa asked if I wanted to stay and play drinking games. Since I had a place to crash, I couldn't let the newly weds down. I think it was only a little while longer until they regretted their decision. I was in full blown college mode...something that has only happened a few times since college (See: "New Orleans trip" Feb 2009). I woke the next morning with a gash on my hand and aches all over my body. Melissa then talked about how it looked like, "a bomb" went off in the tent the night before. Ugh, I'm not certain...but I think I was the bomb. So, for now I'd like to publicly apologize to Dude and Melissa. Thanks for putting up with me guys...and sorry for any damage I may or may not have added to. I felt a whole lot like Frank the Tank from Old School. It sure was fun though.

* Sunday left me rethinking some of my life decisions and trying to change things about the side effects of apple cider and bourbon. Luckily, this was made easier by the fact that Tom Brady delivered the most gusto infused performance...ever. 5 TDs in the 2nd quarter...6 overall, and he only played one possession of the 2nd half. Also, the Bags are still going to lose this week. We're that good.

Anyway, yeah the weekend was fun...to say the least. Now we've got a big week ahead as I not only get to send in the final piece to my grad school application, but also get to visit Taylor later this week. Woo-hoo!

Catch you guys on the flip side!

Song of the Day: Wolfmother - Joker & the Thief

No comments: